2017 Silverado siren speaker install

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
IMG_0570.JPG For those owners of a 2017 chevy Silverado with the active grill shutters who want to install a siren speaker here is a pic of where it can fit. The shutters are easy to remove and the speaker can fit on the radiator cross bar. Some trimming of the plastic needs to be done on the lower shutter next to the speaker. Stay tuned for more pics of my install. Sorry for the sideways picture. I can't rotate it for some reason.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
are you able to put the shutters back in place?

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
Whelen makes a vehicle specific bracket for speakers on this vehicle, just an FYI. I wouldn't leave out the shutters personally.

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
Whelen makes a vehicle specific bracket for speakers on this vehicle, just an FYI. I wouldn't leave out the shutters personally.
Will the Feniex speaker fit on a Whelen bracket? Is the pattern for the bolt holes for the speaker the same? That would make things a lot easier. Thanks.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They do work with Whelen and SOS 100n speaker mounts

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
Awesome, thanks for the info. That's going to be a big help and probably less holes to drill.
View attachment 205705 For those owners of a 2017 chevy Silverado with the active grill shutters who want to install a siren speaker here is a pic of where it can fit. The shutters are easy to remove and the speaker can fit on the radiator cross bar. Some trimming of the plastic needs to be done on the lower shutter next to the speaker. Stay tuned for more pics of my install. Sorry for the sideways picture. I can't rotate it for some reason.
Also see my Tahoe post;
http://www.elightbars.org/forums/threads/2017-tahoe-ssv-ppv-speaker-fyi.80758/
aelightbars_internal_data.s3.amazonaws.com_2017_04_119166_48d4940d1861464753f77458ab914c0a_thumb.jpg

Reactions: EastSide279

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.