Feniex introduces a new line

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
This all looks great! Now if only I had something to upfit...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Their stick housings are not going to be the same as the cobra or Apollo. They are going to be a middle ground between the two.

If you see a sale on the Apollo or cobra it will just be because you have dealers that are stock with an inventory of the Apollo or cobra series stuff.

We will not be stocking any of the fusion stuff. It took about three years of building our inventory levels to what they are now. Most of the cobra and Apollo stuff on feniex's end is already out of stock. we are removing certain colors and products from our site as they are no longer available.

Reactions: bullfrog4ever

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
Looks like a pretty exciting product update! I do have a question if anyone can answer, will the new Fusion line have light-heads that can sync together?

Example: I want to sync the flash patterns between two Fusion 400's. One all Red, the other All Blue so I can have a left-right, back and forth pattern between them. Current literature and install guides available don't seem to suggest this is possible.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Looks like a pretty exciting product update! I do have a question if anyone can answer, will the new Fusion line have light-heads that can sync together?

Example: I want to sync the flash patterns between two Fusion 400's. One all Red, the other All Blue so I can have a left-right, back and forth pattern between them. Current literature and install guides available don't seem to suggest this is possible.
That wont happen. The firmware is going to be consistent with the Apollo stick firmware for the most part. There would have to be some customization in having those built out with the smart heads instead of the dummy heads.

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Even the dual color or just for the single?

According to him, same as the Apollo, both single and dual color. For example, I want to get a few blue/white duals. I can set mode one to steady blue and use it with an external flasher, then set mode two to steady white and use it for scene lighting. Theoretically you could also use both modes with a flasher(s) if you wanted separate flashing colors, or even synced dual color flashing.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Has anyone got a chance to play with these yet? I am anxious to see if there are brighter then the Apollo like they claim.

I'm anxiously awaiting my 2 blue/white surface mounts, one of each optic. I ordered on Tuesday morning, so I'm hoping that they'll be here by tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I'll make a video for comparison when I get them.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
According to him, same as the Apollo, both single and dual color. For example, I want to get a few blue/white duals. I can set mode one to steady blue and use it with an external flasher, then set mode two to steady white and use it for scene lighting. Theoretically you could also use both modes with a flasher(s) if you wanted separate flashing colors, or even synced dual color flashing.

Thats awesome. If I remember right the Apollo's didn't play well with external flashers. Glad this is sorted out with these.
Hope the offer dummy head versions of these. Just bought a ton lf stuff from fever and they announce this few weeks later. Oh well upgrade time.

DiverCop

Feb 10, 2015
Ohio
That wont happen. The firmware is going to be consistent with the Apollo stick firmware for the most part. There would have to be some customization in having those built out with the smart heads instead of the dummy heads.

Ahh bummer...oh well :cool:

Fighting17th

Jan 19, 2012
PA, Washington County
Thats awesome. If I remember right the Apollo's didn't play well with external flashers. Glad this is sorted out with these.
Hope the offer dummy head versions of these. Just bought a ton lf stuff from fever and they announce this few weeks later. Oh well upgrade time.

I'm only going by what Tom told me. I have't personally tried anything yet. I just don't wanna get blamed if someone plans a whole project then finds out it's not true lol. I'm still a little afraid that's gonna happen to me. But I'm also considering going all Feniex other than the lightbar so that everything can be synced, but then I won't be able to have multiple speeds of flashing, plus white steady, like if I used the flasher on the SSP2K, which is my ultimate goal.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I'm only going by what Tom told me. I have't personally tried anything yet. I just don't wanna get blamed if someone plans a whole project then finds out it's not true lol. I'm still a little afraid that's gonna happen to me. But I'm also considering going all Feniex other than the lightbar so that everything can be synced, but then I won't be able to have multiple speeds of flashing, plus white steady, like if I used the flasher on the SSP2K, which is my ultimate goal.
I do hope Tom is right! Would be nixe to be able to use external flashers with dual color

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Anybody got theirs yet? I ordered 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten anything. I'm wondering if their lead time is a bit longer than normal for these while the initial orders roll out.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Was looking on the Feniex site again and found some new additions for mounting. I'm glad the finally did a flush mount. It took them long enough. Plus they now have 2 new window mounts with probably 3M tape on it. It also appears that they've completely removed the T6's from the website, but they have kept the Apollo's. So I'm assuming anyone who wants T6's will only have a limited time to get them. Now if I could only get mine in... Still waiting...
awww.feniex.com_product_pictures_72437Fusion_20recessed_20mount2_head.jpg
awww.feniex.com_product_pictures_83632Fusion_20window_20surface_20mount2_head.jpgawww.feniex.com_product_pictures_26555Fusion_20window_20lightstick_20mount1_head.jpg

Reactions: MEVS06 and Tony P

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
I've gotten a few of the surface mounts and an interior bar in. Haven't played with them much, but I definitely like them. It appear they changed the gasket to a flat foam gasket rather than the rubber they were using, not terribly happy about that.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I've gotten a few of the surface mounts and an interior bar in. Haven't played with them much, but I definitely like them. It appear they changed the gasket to a flat foam gasket rather than the rubber they were using, not terribly happy about that.

Which optics did you get? Do they seem brighter?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Here's the new Fusion visor bar that just arrived today. All 40 degree R/W's. Installation coming this weekend.

That looks nice! I'm trying to decide if I'm going to replace mine Cobra ILB with 40 degree optics or a mix of both. Or just got full size bar. To many choices now!! Looking forward to seeing your installation!!

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
I received mine in also and tried to see if they will work of an external flasher. Unfortunately they do not work correctly on a flasher. They have the momentary delay in power up much like the newer cannons. I tried both a ULF44 and the Feniex flasher with same results. Other than that they are awesome.

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
Which optics did you get? Do they seem brighter?

I have some of each optic, both seem extremely bright. I cannot say whether or not they are actually X percentage brighter as they claim, but no doubt they are bright. My main love for the Fusion line is the ability to have dual colors in the 40 degree optics. I did try to take a video of both optics next to a T3 for comparison for you, however when I went to send it to myself to upload I inadvertently deleted approx 300 photos off my phone :mad::mad::mad:.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I did try to take a video of both optics next to a T3 for comparison for you, however when I went to send it to myself to upload I inadvertently deleted approx 300 photos off my phone :mad::mad::mad:.
Oh man!!! That is one of the worst, sinking feelings!! :(

Reactions: CEVS

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I received mine in also and tried to see if they will work of an external flasher. Unfortunately they do not work correctly on a flasher. They have the momentary delay in power up much like the newer cannons. I tried both a ULF44 and the Feniex flasher with same results. Other than that they are awesome.

Well that sucks. Are your fusions smart models with internal flashers, or dumb models?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They had the new line of brackets in the works for a while for the cobra/apollo series but wasn't smart to do it with the fusions coming out.

The Dodge Ram bar was discontinued completely. They did not sell. That bar alone is the single reason I no longer stock interior bars. I still have like six dodge ram ILB's in stock a year later

Reactions: CEVS

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.