Hi from Lexie

Lexie Lu

Aug 17, 2015
China
Hi, everyone. I am Lexie. I have been a member since last August, but have just become active recently. I am from 911Signal, red-dot design award winning company that designs, manufactures and sells warning system products in more than 80 countries across the world. I am happy to meet you all and would love to answer any questions from you.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
We look forward to seeing your products.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I got my sample, after it traveled about 11,000 miles. Have e-mailed my contact with a question regarding the item received. Will review the light here on eLB once I hear from her. Hoping to evaluate it this weekend. SAE J95.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Was just able to send my e-mail to Mavis today.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Hoping to evaluate my sample this weekend.

So far, very bright, 18 "patterns" (if you include "Steady" and the "Random" modes), and seems to be constructed better than other Chinese-made lights I've seen. Light falls away quickly off-axis, both horizontally and vertically.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Hoping to evaluate my sample this weekend.

So far, very bright, 18 "patterns" (if you include "Steady" and the "Random" modes), and seems to be constructed better than other Chinese-made lights I've seen. Light falls away quickly off-axis, both horizontally and vertically.

What sample did you receive? I have an X6 and am fairly impressed with off axis.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
What sample did you receive? I have an X6 and am fairly impressed with off axis.

I got the Wasp C4.

Now, mind you, this is not scientific. I am reporting this only as my observations. Your results may vary.

At 100 feet, in partly cloudy daylight conditions, the light was uncomfortable to look at. So, the brightness factor is excellent.

Yes, Wilson, the off-axis was better than I had first observed. Horizontal was good out to about 75°. Vertical was almost 45°. The internal reflectors suggest that there should be an 'up' and 'down' to these lights, but I don't see it denoted.

The back side of the fixture got very warm to the touch in operation. I could still handle it, but any warmer and I would not have wanted to.

Set to steady burn, the lights seemed to dim from the peak output during flashing patterns. Perhaps to cut back on the heat generated? (Again, Brian please feel free to comment.) Power drawn was 4.5W (DVM measured 0.35A @ 12.96 VDC).

On arrival from China, the box was crushed, but the module was undamaged. It came with an instruction sheet and 2 SS sheet metal screws.

Their website states that these modules carry a "5-year warranty on the LED bulbs". Bulbs? OK. Further, "In addition to the LED bulb warranty, we also offer a 2-year warranty of emergency light components". I don't know what that means.

While on the topic of their website; it does not impress me. I've seen worse, but I've also seen much better. Nearly every article on the site was written by Chris Dallman. I'd like to hear more than one person's opinion or viewpoint. Personally, I would be very hesitant to post something like their "State by State Guide to Emergency Vehicle Lights". Laws change, and I just wouldn't want to be pulled into a whacker or impersonator lawsuit citing, 'The folks that I bought these lights from said it was OK'.

But back to the light itself. Of course, I can not provide anything on the lifespan of the product, having only had it for a short time. At the price point offered, these are very good lights. Are they for everyone? I will let you answer that yourself while you think about liability. However, if no one bought new products, no manufacturer would ever be able to enter a market.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.