All-light Streethawk from Russia

lapshin

May 29, 2015
Moscow Russia
Dear friends, I am member from Moscow, Russia: american lightbars are extremely rare in our country, because only in 90s some vehicles were equipped with blue Aerodynic, Strobehawk (ambulance) or red Code 3 (cop cars), and later on russian industry developed our own lightbars. So, i was really shocked to find in Perm city (try to find it on the map, it's Siberia!) all-light Streethawk. Never have seen it before in Russia!
Seller said, that his friend becomes used cop car as gift (!), and needed to dismount lightbar. Larer on lightbar was mounted on the car service shop, but police said, that it is illegal. And now, for $140+shipping, i am happy owner of Streethawk.
I need to replace one bulb H1, clean the bar and remove black tape from rear part of domes (it means, that cop car with Hawk was used in Russia for leading of convoys).

Rotators outside are slow, inside and in the middle — fast, flashers outside are alternators, inside rear (red/amber) flashing together.

Who nows —
1) from which police department it is? MDPD — what means?
2) How to switch on alley lights and takedown? Now are working only rotators and flashers.
3) Where is possible to buy not
expensive two Streethawlk labels (are dismounted from bar before me)?

Many thanks in advance

Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 21.50.50.png Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 21.55.12.png Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 21.49.53.png Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 21.50.06.png Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 21.50.31.png

Снимок экрана 2016-07-22 в 22.07.25.png

Last edited:

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Interesting color/rotator combination, you very rarely see fast rotators to the outside and slow rotators to the inside. Most Streethawks in the US have slow rotators to the outside and fast rotators to the inside of the light bar.
You should be able to trace the wires from the alley lights and take down lights back to the main wiring terminal that runs to the vehicle to determine which wires to power up, unless they have been removed.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
Interesting 1/2 center blue cover. They used a cut Model 14 dome!
That was a factory option! One of my municipal customers would turn them sideways for a 1/2-1/2 red/blue flash... At that time our LE vehicles were not allowed to flash clear and a standard colored dome or filter would make it lop-sided.

Knowing where it came from is cool but learning the story on how the hell it ended-up in Siberia, now THAT's the REAL story!

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
guys the clip from fixing it is probably the same as clip from streethawk rotator kit which holds the filter lens on rotator.....it looks almost the same.
didn't check on part list....
by the way very good options you can get there with thet kit....

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
guys the clip from fixing it is probably the same as clip from streethawk rotator kit which holds the filter lens on rotator.....it looks almost the same.
didn't check on part list....
by the way very good options you can get there with thet kit....

It is not the same Denko.

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Back in the late 80's and early 90's a number of used American police vehicles were sent to Russia. I heard that some of our Ford LTD 5.0's made it to the streets of Vladivostok.

lapshin

May 29, 2015
Moscow Russia
No, no, car comes from USA for museum, this Crown Vic never worked in Moscow. Not so many used units with lights/sirens were sold to our country.
But in 90s aroud 125 new Crown Vic with Code 3 were delivered to Moscow. Now I am try to find this light bar in Russia74_03_09_08_1_22_13.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: denko3

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
NAPERVILLE Illinois PD had a CSO vehicle that had an all light street hawk with clear lenses - amber filters on the rotators. They cut a solid red dome for the inside of the rear lens. Custom job done in house. Wanted red to the back. For non sworn CSO

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
No, no, car comes from USA for museum, this Crown Vic never worked in Moscow. Not so many used units with lights/sirens were sold to our country.
But in 90s aroud 125 new Crown Vic with Code 3 were delivered to Moscow. Now I am try to find this light bar in RussiaView attachment 158841

The lightbar used on the Crown Vics at that time were 48" Code 3 XL5000s. They had clear lenses with center speaker cover, 4 standard rotators with blue filters on the drivers side, red on the passenger, stationary takedown lights, and rear flashers with amber filters.
aavto_nomer.ru_pic_aavtob_20_99_medium_30992.jpg
aavto_nomer.ru_pic_aavtob_20_99_medium_28548.jpg

I remember a "World's Wildest Police Videos" episode that featured those exact cars in a video involving a pursuit in Moscow.

lapshin

May 29, 2015
Moscow Russia
On the beginning it was red driver/red passenger, but later on it was changed to standard red/blue for russian traffic police. "Normal" russian police uses blue-blue

Here is video of decommissioned Crown Vic

But where is lightbar from this car))???

Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Автомобиль 54 , где ты?

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.