My FD crown vic - Video

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
hey guys,

Haven't shown any of my work lately, figured I'd throw a quick video of my assigned FD car up here. I did the install (lights and siren wise) from top to bottom. This was a used car from a neighboring department that we had repainted and some mechanical work done to it to fix it back up. Equipment is as follows -

Lightbar - Whelen Justice. I did some custom wiring to make the take-down and alley lights flash opposite of the red modules on each side. I think it looks good.

Perimeter lights - All feniex with the exception of the module on the front corner of the front bumper. Those are an Advanced Warning Lights module.

HLF - I have LED headlights in it and they are on a Federsal Signal universal relay flasher.

The rear bar I have the traffic arrows hooked up as well.

Sorry it's not a great video. Let me know what y'all think.

Video is in switch position 3 (response mode). When in mode 2, the front half of the light bar and HLF (all white lights) turn off, everything else remains on. In mode 1, just the rear facing lights are on.

Siren is a Carson Magnum Dual tone.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
wow that is like a 2001 crown vic still in service :)
was this a police car before or it,s been always been part of a fire dept ?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great. The only thing I'd change is flash the 2 grill lights together (I tend to think that they get drowned out by the HLF way easier at night when they're not flashing together)

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Very smooth. I like the flash pattern on the lightbar on the back too, no split or blob fail! I picked me up a used Fire Chief's car from a Volunteer fire department in Ohio once. 96 Crown Vic. All decked out too! Sadly, it had some water leaks and the interrior was ruined and rusted under the carpet. Uggh. Worst Crown Vic experience I had out of the crown vics I've owned over the years:
92 Crown Vic Touring Sedan Package
95 Crown Vic P71 (Ex Montana Highway Patrol) Best car I've had. wish I wouldn't have sold her.
96 Crown Vic P71 (mentioned above)
98 Crown Vic P71 (Ex-Ohio state/highway patrol I think) It was ok.. but very tired at 100,000 miles.

Reactions: firemedic10584
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I feel like for my Crown Vic having 107k miles on her, she runs pretty well still. Granted those miles weren't hard miles such as a police unit would of had but I feel it runs great!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.