Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
If my taxes funded that I'd be unhappy

Reactions: Mndlm

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
Why? Why not!? Would guess it goes around town picking up and transporting from all over the city so squads can take care of business without dinking around with the transport...so it probably spends a lot of time blocking traffic by being double parked. That being said I will add...Gah Flywheels musta outfitted it! The license plate lights are...yeah not allowed to use that language on here o_O

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
considering how "bright" they are Im guessing China ebay specials total package cost. 37.95 with free shipping!

Reactions: Jarred J.
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
The license plate lights and the side runners are that H2G crap... Everything else looks to be Whelen...

WAY too much for what the vehicle is used for... Unless is pulls double duty as a personnel transport vehicle as well...

HCSO249

Jul 17, 2016
MISSOURI
I have to be the devil's advocate here. I don't much care for the lighting on this van but as fate has it I'm a jail sergeant and in charge of transports and extraditions. My transports are equipped as much as the patrol cars minus radar. Just because it gets used primarily for hauling the "legally challenged" to and from jail to jail, jail to prison, jail to court...they are also utilized at time for emergencies and YES I have even made traffic stops in them so I will have to say its a mute point to say they don't need them. Overkill on this one...well considering a lot of LEO & Volley vehicles, including the Tahoe on the video that comes up after this one...its overkill too. More doesn't make it better, if anything it has been proving to be detrimental several instances. OK carry on...just added my 2 pennies in there before somebody says they dont need any.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Most of the Prisoner transports around here have a basic set up. Police/SO transports usually have similar livery and equipment mirroring the patrol units. Independent Jails usually have an all blue lightbar and maybe corner strobes. Kentucky law actually states that Jail owned/operated vehicles are limited to blue only and no siren. (The Jailer can have a Siren if he so chooses.) Obviously...not all comply.

Reactions: HCSO249

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm a believer of basic setups for prisoner transports (similar to a basic type II KKK ambo setup, in terms of lighthead placement), so that they can be used, if needed, for an ocassional different assignment. Take away all the HG2 products and 6 of the ions in the grill, and I think it would've been a solid, not overdone setup. I can't stand the split fail, but it seems to be such a trend in south FL these days that I give up

Reactions: HCSO249

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.