Has anyone ever pull apart NEW aerodynic domes?

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Id like to pull apart 2 NEW aero domes and swap them around. I don't need to take apart the individual sections, I just need to pull the endcap off and separate the front from the rear. I was just wondering if any of you have done it to brand new domes and what the rate of success is? Don't want to do it if they will be destroyed for sure. Ive done this a million times to used ones and am thinking new will be difficult. Thanks for your time!

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
I put them like that:
First unscrew the 3 bolts on inner side of endcap then i usually pull or push from inner and outer side so then they must came off usually unbroken.
Then when they are off, i hold them with hands one side with one hand the other side with other hand and push them directly with each fifth finger down on chrome strip and the both sides front and rear pannels bend on the inside.
Usually then will go apart great that way and i learned it here from forum ths way.
Do it all nicelly....
Hope that somehow helps! ;-)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Denko, your directions are correct and I use them on older domes.. the problem with the new domes is Federal uses a glue along with the silicon to keep them together. It's the glue that makes it a PITA.

I've done plenty of used or older domes.. but no new ones.

Reactions: denko3

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I hear ya Rob but I'm not pulling apart the panels. Just the endcaps and separating the front from the rear all in one piece. Follow?

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Denko, your directions are correct and I use them on older domes.. the problem with the new domes is Federal uses a glue along with the silicon to keep them together. It's the glue that makes it a PITA.

I've done plenty of used or older domes.. but no new ones.
Yes i now the new domes are more pain in the a....
Use basic razor and try to push it inn betwen both pannels and i usually get the strong glue broken apart and then it would be easier to put the pannels apart if you need to seperate the pannels. ;-)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.