my 2013 F150 pov

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
My install includes whelen combo clear driving/blue warning par28's, 4 Axixtech ms6 leds in the grille and a whelen spitfire behind the rearview mirror. Other non warning lighting includes a 32" lightbar in lower grille and full led conversion for all lights.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Slow them grill lights down a notch

Reactions: Tony P

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Slow them grill lights down a notch
Agreed. At the range the video is taken, the lights are almost blending together. Get much farther out, and it will look like a blue blur

Last edited:

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Sync the par28 on a solid pattern alternating. Put the grill lights on a solid pattern, sync them and call it great. You might be able to see this up close but at any distance the visibility will severely limited.

Reactions: Doyle257

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The grill cutout is a perfect place for the lightheads but I'd also recommend slowing them down and syncing them differently (i.e. Flash the 2 on the left side as 1 unit and flash the 2 on the right side as 1 unit so that it basically looks like you have 2 solid flashing 12-LED grill lights. The PAR should be flashed together and solid flash on something like Signal alert. I would replace the spitfire with something larger like a dual talon/avenger

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
will try the pattern changes once it gets a little warmer out. i purposely picked the spitfire because i wanted something very small to fit behind the mirror and hardly be seen.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
will try the pattern changes once it gets a little warmer out. i purposely picked the spitfire because i wanted something very small to fit behind the mirror and hardly be seen.

I understand, but having a slightly larger light will def improve the visibility. The newer Avenger II series is more low-pro than the original avenger/talon housing and might be something to consider.

I'm guessing you don't have anything to the rear b/c you only respond directly to the station?

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
actually i do have the blue/ white feniex cannons in the backup lights. using clear steady for back up. i like them but the backup light on the f150 is very small and they seem just ok for the back. i was wondering if i had used the cannon 360's if it would have had better light filling the reflector.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I would buy a flasher and use it to sync the grill lights and fog lights in a x-pattern.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
actually i do have the blue/ white feniex cannons in the backup lights. using clear steady for back up. i like them but the backup light on the f150 is very small and they seem just ok for the back. i was wondering if i had used the cannon 360's if it would have had better light filling the reflector.
The 360s will give you a better fill on the reflector. I believe the lenses can be swapped out on the newer units

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I'll second what everyone else is saying - I'd change the grille lights so the two left lights flash together in a solid pattern then alternates to the right two lights in a solid pattern. Those rapid, split patterns are useless. Also with the fog lights, change them so you're using the whole light and flash them back and forth in a slower pattern. That'll give you the best warning power with a bigger footprint IMO.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.