Caballo Fire

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
So, as I said in another thread, retirement got boring. Soooo I joined the fire department. This is the truck I am assigned to. I didn't verify, but I was told it's 20 years old. It is the largest truck at my station. They put me on this truck because it is too big for a lot of people.

20170114_145247.jpeg

Reactions: CrownVic97 and jph2

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
It's too big for a lot of people?? Like, some of the other FD members are scared to drive it??
That was the idea I got from them, but I'm still getting my paws wet. Either way, I love driving different stuff, so it will be nice for me. I have paid for the physicals to maintain my Class A CDL since I quit trucking back in 2010. With that I don't need to get the Class E (Exempt) license firefighters in my state usually get. I'm guessing that helps the department some with liability too.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I'm no firefighter but wouldn't a commercial chassis like that be smaller than a lot of built-from-scratch trucks?

ckgarside

Jul 9, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
That's an International 4700 based rig. I drive a 1997 4700 Command Post (finally being retired this June). It's class C and by far my favorite piece of hardware I've been able to run. Bummer its not 4x4, but I haven't got stuck yet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.