Has anyone heard of this swap meet?

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
upload_2017-2-14_15-58-50.png

I'm thinking about getting a couple of spaces at this swap meet, has anyone been to this in the greater Chicago area? It's a 3-4 drive, a night in a motel, fuel, food, etc... I have to justify it to the accountant the amount of money we have to spend-to-vend, In other words, I gotta sell a helluva lotta lights to justify my trip! If I get some positive input or hear it's a worthwhile show, I might vend. If a few of you might me interested in meeting-up, attending or even want me to bring something specific, I can do that, too! Your thoughts?

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
There's a fire/police swap meet coming up in March where I'm thinking of vending. It's just south of Chicago a bit and would be travel-able for quite a few of us. It's on a Saturday, only a one-day show and could allow a few of us to meet face-to-face if some would be interested. I posted last year's flyer in the events section. Who'd be interested in going? We could also arrange some carpooling if we get enough of a response. I've been dropping hints for us to have some sort of national meet of our own, centrally-located, off-season, how's about this for a start? Bring your truck/trailer/SUV or the wife's RAV 4, who cares?

So who's in?

Reactions: NVFD612

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
I went last year. Had some nice old stuff. Lights that is. I got a never mounted custom all light Streethawk using red clear blue domes. The lightbar was made for CTA police. Had a clear 360 strobe in center with single outboard rotators and a set of split mirrors. Looks like it has 2 rotators. No takedown lights. A guy was selling refurbished beaconrays -domes and bulbs. Not a huge show. I enjoyed

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Sounds like it would be a hoot, just too far of drive for me.
Back in the day, I used to spend lots-o-fun in Chicago.
Maybe an East Coast/Mid-Atlantic ELB meet and greet ??

Hey, you started it :)

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Octoberguy,

The MABAS 7 Swap Meet has a Facebook Site and they are posted in a few different FB Emergency Warning Light Sales Sites. I already have the date on my calendar and the wife and I are going to make a day of it together... Look forward to possibly seeing some of you there!

Dennis
NVFD 612

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.