Whelen Liberty Wecan DUO Questions

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Ok, I have a Whelen Liberty Wecan model and I am wondering if I can use the IO board that comes with it to use duo heads? I think I have to get another harness but I was wondering if the standard IO board can be used for Duo heads. Was gonna slowly upgrade some modules to dual colors. I do have the 2nd gen control point that is capable of doing duo, I believe. All helpful info would be great. Thanks

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Yes, you will need a duo board. If I remember right the only other thing you can do is add the harness for the rear TA and run duo heads there.

code352

May 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
You can run DUO heads from the extra rear TA connector, you are just limited to 6 outputs and you have to get creative with the programming. I have DUO corners on a non DUO IO board connected to the extra traffic advisor output, and the rear traffic advisor programmed as "split" to give me more programming flexibility.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Sorry for the delayed reply, but that you for that info. I will just have to give that a try. Just looking to do an all flood to the front of the bar.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I bought my libby stock; and have upgraded all but the corners to DUO

barring corners: setup is as follows

front of the bar all duo blue/white
rear: amber/white, 4 blue/amber, amber/white.

the front blues are off the stock I/O, and the white flood is off the takedown wiring

the rear i had to get creative with. i simply bought a full length TA cable and added that in, heres why

all amber are off stock wiring so-as to utilize the 2 wire TA. the rear clears are seperate switched for rear work. and the rear blues tied into an external flasher. that way i can run either/or as the need depends.

I do have "spare" wires off the TA cable; and have considered putting 4 of the front white off a new wire, so as to make use of the flashing TD/alley; to do so however I would also need to seperate wire the blue portion of the head as well

hopefully this helps; and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.