Rv-25 spitfire ring heights

bamh5

Aug 3, 2013
Michigan
Looking for someone that has an original rv-25 spitfire, and is willing to measure and tell me the heidth of the spitfire rings for the dome. Have 10 clear domes, that i will be making reproductions with.

Reactions: Tony P

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Looking for someone that has an original rv-25 spitfire, and is willing to measure and tell me the heidth of the spitfire rings for the dome. Have 10 clear domes, that i will be making reproductions with.

I can measure one for you.
Do you want the measurment to be in mm or inch?
Concider the fact that of some reason the upper clear band is not focused on the center of the upper part of the reflector.
It is the same with the lens for the RV-26/45/46.
For maximum output of the white light the clear bands should be in the centers of the sealed beam reflector halfs.

I also hope you have a heat resistant paint because it will be hot inside the lens.
I have so far not found any paint that can take the heat from the lamps.

Unity stopped making the Spitfire lenses because they did not found any paint to a realistic price when their stock run out.
Michigan State Police probably stopped buying RV-26 because it did not have the Spitfire lens anymore.
Funny, because they should still have had one of the best warning lights available with a solid red lens and the 100 Watt sealed beams they used.

Michael

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.