CHiPs (movie)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yup hollyweed is bastardizing another childhood television program...

22 jump street meets the other guys but on motorcycles....

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
at first, I thought "I wonder if Eric Estrada and Larry Wilcox will be in it" Then I actually watched the trailer. I would not be surprised if neither of them had anything to do with this bastardization.

Reactions: Skippy

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
they might have cameos in it like johnny depp did in 21 jump street but who knows.. heck their both still alive...

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The flying F#%& did I just watch?!?!?!? Oh, wait...that's right........A GIANT STEAMING BOWL OF ELEPHANT PISS!!!!!

Hollywood just can't leave anything the hell alone anymore.....:mad:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and least they didnt have negativity clauses like bill murray had LOL

Reactions: Doyle257

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
That's definitely not a big screen pay money to see it movie. I'm not even sure if that's a watch it because there's nothing else on the little screen movie. smh

Reactions: Doyle257

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Patch isn't even close.

The CHP is very image conscious, I can't imagine this had their support, IIRC when one of Wilcox's replacements got arrested for DWI or drugs they threatened to withdraw assistance if the actor wasn't fired from the show, he was.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Ok gonna pull a Jazzdad on this one....

792acf25de3083fd7b830fae5c3f6b17.jpg

Reactions: Scoot163

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The official response from the California Highway Patrol (not really, but I'm pretty sure this reaction would be appropriate):

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The movie looks like it's heavy on the 'cool' factor and very light in substance.

The only thing I didn't like about the CHiPs TV series was the sound of the motorcycle sirens, but at least the episodes had a story to tell.

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
I'm crushed.

I knew a CHiPs movie was coming out, and I had high hopes. I don't know why it couldn't have been more action and adventure instead of a stupid comedy. The younger crowd will like it because they've never seen or heard of the TV series. I watched it as a kid, and it influenced my career goal as I grew older.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The movie looks like it's heavy on the 'cool' factor and very light in substance.

The only thing I didn't like about the CHiPs TV series was the sound of the motorcycle sirens, but at least the episodes had a story to tell.

I seem to recall researching that siren and surprised to learn it was an authentic siren dubbed in, an oddball produced in California and for a period I think exclusive to the CHP

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I seem to recall researching that siren and surprised to learn it was an authentic siren dubbed in, an oddball produced in California and for a period I think exclusive to the CHP
Someone told me years ago that it was a combination mechanical / electronic device. The sound was generated mechanically and then amplified and sent to the siren speaker on the motorcycle. I think the brand name was 'Stewart' or something like that.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
at first, I thought "I wonder if Eric Estrada and Larry Wilcox will be in it" Then I actually watched the trailer. I would not be surprised if neither of them had anything to do with this bastardization.

Surprisingly eric Estrada was in it near the end as a paramedic

Patch isn't even close.

The CHP is very image conscious, I can't imagine this had their support, IIRC when one of Wilcox's replacements got arrested for DWI or drugs they threatened to withdraw assistance if the actor wasn't fired from the show, he was.

The beginning of the movie before the credits even started it has a few lines... " the California highway patrol did not help or endorse this movie"

And then another line about they really didn't or something like that.

Me and the fiance saw it tonight. It was definetly hollyweeded but it wasn't all that bad. The guy who plays baker wrote and directed the movie... if they took out all of the references to "tossing salad" (don't Google that) it would have been a better movie.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.