My Ultimate NYPD Haul

Apr 17, 2014
New Jersey
Made quite the score a couple weeks ago. Pulled all of these out of an estate sale in South Jersey, this is most of what I was able to get my hands on. There's still more that's not pictured, but this is the bulk of it. When I found the McDermott bars I was excited, but when I saw the Signal Stat bar I think my heart may have skipped a beat. Most of the stuff has a thick covering of dirt, but it's all cleaning up nicely. Over the next few weeks I hope to get everything cleaned and restored to working condition. Got my hands on some great pieces of history here, I'm very excited to get it all working again.

IMG_8499 (2).JPG IMG_8498 (1).JPG IMG_8555 (1).JPG FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
This one isn't viewable as well as the first.. are you using a mobile device?

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
That is a great haul right there! 3 McDermotts in one haul? Plus Aeros and SignalStat bars? I have to say it again: that's a great haul! :)

Apr 17, 2014
New Jersey
Definitely. The Signal Stat bar was one I've always dreamed of owning but never thought I would get my hands on. I'm really excited to get it fixed up and shining like new.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
This is probably the biggest haul of vintage NYPD lightbars and beacons that's been seen on eLightbars. You did excellent, sir!

Apr 17, 2014
New Jersey
Now that's a score! Truly an amazing, nearly priceless haul! The signal stat bar and the history behind all this stuff. Wow.

Definitely, the history here is crazy, and I got it all from the son of the collector who ran a security business in the city and collected all this stuff. not to mention my father was served in the NYPD, and he started during the 80s, so knowing that he may have used the cars this equipment was in is it's own cool factor for me.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
As for where they came from

Yes, I have a restored Aerotwin for it, but it came this way, and we've seen footage of M body cars with this style bar, so we've decided to keep it on there for a while.
You have probably seen photos of restored vehicles and that is the worst possible source to use, because of all the faults that have been done on many of these vehicles.

The revolving lights on yours is not Signal-Stat 374 and the can lights are PAR36 instead of PAR46.
The revolving lights look like Dietz 7-11.

Michael

Last edited:
Reactions: lotsofbars

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
As for where they came from

Yes, I have a restored Aerotwin for it, but it came this way, and we've seen footage of M body cars with this style bar, so we've decided to keep it on there for a while.

NYPD M-Bodies never had those beacon/can light bars, they were discontinued on sedan RMPs after the 1977 model year. The 1981 Chrysler LeBarons wore the Signal-Stat DualComms, the 1982-1989 Plymouth Gran Furys wore AeroTwins. I can't imagine the Central Repair Shop/Electronic Section refitting 1981 or newer cars with a bar that was discontinued 3 years or more earlier.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.