'14 Ram 1500 Headlight Flasher?

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
I've been trying to do some research on headlight flashers for my '14 Ram that I'll be installing lights on... According to the manufacturer's website, the SoundOff Signal headlight flasher is only compatible with a '14 2500 or 3500 Ram trucks. Is there really a difference between the quarter tons and half tons when it comes to the headlight wiring? Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct wig-wag flasher?

Thanks!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
May want to look at the odb2 flasher from speedturtleengineering.. unsure if it will wig wag but it does have a number of flash options.

I'm probably going to purchase their 2.0 flasher for my 16 ram.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Slash9
What style headlights do you have?
Single? High and low bulbs combined in 1 bulb with single reflector
Quad? Low and high beams separate bulbs and separate reflectors
Projector?
All will make a difference in which flasher you could use.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Slash9
What style headlights do you have?
Single? High and low bulbs combined in 1 bulb with single reflector
Quad? Low and high beams separate bulbs and separate reflectors
Projector?
All will make a difference in which flasher you could use.
2014 ram models always come with separate low and high beams (quad). Higher trim levels have projector low beams but still have a separate non projector high beam.

Everything is CANBUS monitored as well, makes for fun times trying to modify anything OEM.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Ugh...that stupid CANBUS monitoring.. glad I am done with mine. No more CANBUS trickery for this guy.

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Yeah, I have the '14 Sport with the projectors, but the high beams are halogen.

As far as the SpeedTurtleEngineering, I looked into those and from my understanding, it flashes all of your lights and you can't select which ones flash and which don't which is a deal-breaker because they'd destroy my HID low beams by flashing those.

I also sent an email to SoundOff inquiring as well.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Ps
Yeah, I have the '14 Sport with the projectors, but the high beams are halogen.

As far as the SpeedTurtleEngineering, I looked into those and from my understanding, it flashes all of your lights and you can't select which ones flash and which don't which is a deal-breaker because they'd destroy my HID low beams by flashing those.

I also sent an email to SoundOff inquiring as well.
Pssst... your low beams are halogen as well. Just in a projector lens... I was shocked as well and the dealership told me they were hid when I purchased mine as well.

Speedturtleengineering... their latest flasher release offers full individual control of what flashes, how it flashes and when. Still waiting to hear if it'll do wig wag.

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Pssst... your low beams are halogen as well. Just in a projector lens..

Speedturtleengineering... their latest flasher release offers full individual control of what flashes, how it flashes and when. Still waiting to hear if it'll do wig wag.
Actually I did a HID conversion on the low beams and the fog lights, so mine are actually HID. ☺️

I'll definitely check out their latest version when I see it but so far all of the input I've seen from other are the things I mentioned.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm not affiliated at all with the company I mentioned.. but this may interest you..

Also here is the link to their support page which has the instructions for the new version of their flasher. Multiple modes, user selectable flash patterns and what lights, etc. http://speedturtleengineering.com/support/

Currently sold out but I am hoping to get one.. I can report back when I get it.

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Thanks, I just happened to look at it again because yet another person I know sent me the link to it which actually specifies that you can choose which lights flash so I just might jump on this. For the Ram, it says the anticipated ship date would be 4/19.

CanamRider

Jul 11, 2015
LA
I've been trying to do some research on headlight flashers for my '14 Ram that I'll be installing lights on... According to the manufacturer's website, the SoundOff Signal headlight flasher is only compatible with a '14 2500 or 3500 Ram trucks. Is there really a difference between the quarter tons and half tons when it comes to the headlight wiring? Can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct wig-wag flasher?

Thanks!

The SoundOff Signal ETHFSS-SP-ISO will work on your 2014 Ram 1500. I have the Laramie Longhorn Edition. My low beams are halogen projectors and high beam are just halogens in a regular housing. They wig-wag normally and I have had no issues with canbus.

Reactions: unlisted

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.