Chicago PD Federal Signal Legend

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
Does anyone know if CPD used a standard Serial Interface Controller for their older Legends with halogen TDs and ALs? Looking to pick one up but will need to get an SIC and I would like to get one that is accurate to the bar/department.

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
The CPD Legend bars were a custom build. The only thing that might be different is the rear brake light feature... I dont remember if that was controlled thru the SIC somehow or if it used a seperate harness. At one time, eLb User ERIC6913 has a CPD Legend and might be able to answer some questions.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Although mine came without the CPD Interface Module, the checklist indicates it should have come with one. It lists:
  • 8583446-CPD Interface Module (8583469) w/ custom cable and instruction sheet
Edited to add: mine is newer, with the LED alleys and takedowns. I have the bag from the CPD Interface Module. The part number on the bag is 8583446B-CPD. This leads me to believe there also exists an earlier model 8583446A-CPD as well.

Last edited:

mls60442

Jul 18, 2010
IL
Although mine came without the CPD Interface Module, the checklist indicates it should have come with one. It lists:
  • 8583446-CPD Interface Module (8583469) w/ custom cable and instruction sheet
Edited to add: mine is newer, with the LED alleys and takedowns. I have the bag from the CPD Interface Module. The part number on the bag is 8583446B-CPD. This leads me to believe there also exists an earlier model 8583446A-CPD as well.
Thank you for the info. I'll have to start snooping around.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.