'06 Toyota 4runner POV in progress

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
Ran the wires through the headliner and through the existing post wire guides....

Controlled by cigarette lighter for now.

Not using it for responses at the moment so before you get your panties in a bunch.

Just wanna see what you guys think about the equipment I should install and locations.

Thanks

Currently installed:

1x Whelen Spitfire R/W split

Motorola Jedi Series Charger

In the Mail:

800mhz Bearcat Scanner (don't get mobiles for work)

In the garage waiting to be installed:

2x Sirennet Tir 3 (Grill)

2x Mini Phantoms in R/W (rear side windows)

1x Slimmiser (not sure where to put that)

1x Whelen D4 R/R/B/B/ (Back Window)

Sirennet Siren and Speaker

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
If you plan on only using equipment you already have, I would put the slimmiser centered on the dash. However, before putting a lot of time into installing everything, I would really consider selling/trading some of those dash lights in favor of getting some solid red GenIII lights...the slimmiser and phantoms are virtually useless, unless it's pitch black outside and there is no other lighting for miles. I've never been a fan of the spitfires because I don't think that linz6 or ions can suffice as a dashlight, let alone when you make it a split color light. Any day of the week, I would put 1 Federal Signal S2 Dual Viper, Whelen Dual Avenger, or Tomar 200s over multiple phantoms, slimmisers, etc. GenIII lights, although you'll pay a few more bucks, offer significantly higher head-on warning and provide off-axis that genI lights can't. It's a nice POV, so I'd really like to see some better lighting in it (in addition to the sirennet grill lights and the D4 to the rear, get a solid dual dash light and put an ion or 500 series in each side window for a basic package. After that, you can consider a 10-75 intersection bracket, intersectors, etc and all that good stuff)

Eric1249 said:
I think I would find a way to put the Dominator in the front window.

I highly recommend against that...not only are the dominators bulky, but they provide horrible flashback! Keep it in the rear window.

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
pdk9 said:
If you plan on only using equipment you already have, I would put the slimmiser centered on the dash. However, before putting a lot of time into installing everything, I would really consider selling/trading some of those dash lights in favor of getting some solid red GenIII lights...the slimmiser and phantoms are virtually useless, unless it's pitch black outside and there is no other lighting for miles. I've never been a fan of the spitfires because I don't think that linz6 or ions can suffice as a dashlight, let alone when you make it a split color light. Any day of the week, I would put 1 Federal Signal S2 Dual Viper, Whelen Dual Avenger, or Tomar 200s over multiple phantoms, slimmisers, etc. GenIII lights, although you'll pay a few more bucks, offer significantly higher head-on warning and provide off-axis that genI lights can't. It's a nice POV, so I'd really like to see some better lighting in it (in addition to the sirennet grill lights and the D4 to the rear, get a solid dual dash light and put an ion or 500 series in each side window for a basic package. After that, you can consider a 10-75 intersection bracket, intersectors, etc and all that good stuff)

I highly recommend against that...not only are the dominators bulky, but they provide horrible flashback! Keep it in the rear window.

Ill probably buy a dual talon or avenger for the front. the mini phantoms have awesome light output for rear perimeter warning in my opinion. I am probably gonna get some more linz 6 style lights for a bull bar on the front. I don't want my car to look like a POV until its lit up. If Inner Edges werent so fucking expensive id get one.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
nblaser said:
Ill probably buy a dual talon or avenger for the front. the mini phantoms have awesome light output for rear perimeter warning in my opinion. I am probably gonna get some more linz 6 style lights for a bull bar on the front. I don't want my car to look like a POV until its lit up. If Inner Edges werent so fucking expensive id get one.

You can get a SVP Starburst interior bar or a Feniex Pegasus for less that $500. Both of those bars are well built and are very bright, on par with the TIR Inner Edge. Also Inner Edges, SOS Pinnacles and FedSig ILS's show up in the classifieds occasionally for cheap.

As far as the gen1 lights like the mini Phantom and Slimmiser, in these days they are obsolete. Gen1 LEDs are only half way bright in the pitch dark, they are useless in bright sunlight. There's no reason to buy any gen1 lights when you can buy great quality, bright gen3 dashlights like the SNM D12 for $100, or used Whelen Avengers or Talons for the same.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nblaser said:

Check your PM's inbox; I have a clearance sale on NIB Whelen & Federal Signal dash lights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instinq

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.