1961 Plymouth Fury

Greencountry05

Nov 6, 2017
Muskogee, OK
New to the site, but eager to share & learn. Here's what I'm working on for my department....

The Legacy Initiative is a joint project between the Muskogee Police Department, local businesses, & the general public. The project hopes to restore “Unit 1”, a 1961 Plymouth Fury as a vintage patrol car for parades, festivals, car shows, cruise nights, or any other civic event. The car also serves as an educational tool & a rolling piece of history as these cars were used by our department in the early 1960s. The car is also a way to promote more interaction between the police & the public as the vehicle is funded by citizen donations in the form of parts, time, or money. We want people to see the car & feel a personal pride in knowing that they helped in the restoration process. Once finished, the car will belong to the community just as much as it does the police department.

So, here she is along with some other multimedia...

IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0973.PNG IMG_0976.PNG IMG_0974.PNG IMG_0975.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Retired1

Greencountry05

Nov 6, 2017
Muskogee, OK
Here's where you guys come in, this just came in the mail today and I know nothing about these old mechanical sirens. Supposedly this one works, haven't had a chance to test it. Was hoping to get some information on the Sterling Model 20.

IMG_0343.HEIC.jpg IMG_0342.HEIC.jpg IMG_0344.HEIC.jpg

Reactions: Retired1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.