2008 Chevy Trailblazer - Updated 5/27

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
tell us abouot your switches. i am guessing the 2 red rockers ate the lights, and the rest are siren? what siren are u running? i have an install on a trail blazer comming up in the next couple weeks is why i am asking.

thanks

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
smsales, that radio looks like an Icom 208 dual band amateur (ham) radio. it is a remote mount unit with the brain and all connections being in the glove box that is pictured.

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
ohi007 said:
smsales, that radio looks like an Icom 208 dual band amateur (ham) radio. it is a remote mount unit with the brain and all connections being in the glove box that is pictured.

Correct, Pretty much used as a scanner for vhf/uhf

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
ohi007 said:
tell us abouot your switches. i am guessing the 2 red rockers ate the lights, and the rest are siren? what siren are u running? i have an install on a trail blazer comming up in the next couple weeks is why i am asking.

thanks

siren - SVP SS651

Red rockers, rear lights / front lights

toggle switch 3 position siren wail on,off, yelp on

red momentary = air horn

black momentary - wail momentary / changed to hyper yelp when toggle is on

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
cool. i like the way that turned out.

thanks for the reply emt.

stay safe.

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
more pic coming soon as i did a few more additions

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
I have some major roadways in my response area, 6 lane highways, and they really help on intersection approach

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Nice job.

Did you reinforce that rear compartment, where the radio/flashlight chargers are?

I would think that plastic door wouldn't be strong enough to handle those?

Looks very nice though.

(As a TB owner myself, it's nice to see one that doesn't have the black glue oozing from the rear-hatch area - which is So Common!)

Look's real nice!!

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
Tri-State PSE said:
Nice job.
Did you reinforce that rear compartment, where the radio/flashlight chargers are?

I would think that plastic door wouldn't be strong enough to handle those?

Looks very nice though.

(As a TB owner myself, it's nice to see one that doesn't have the black glue oozing from the rear-hatch area - which is So Common!)

Look's real nice!!

No reinforcement on the back panel, so far so good and its been like a year

Thats because it has been to the dealer x2 for warranty repair to have the black glue removed and replaced

May 21, 2010
Freehold, NJ
MCS2000 Remote mount chassis under the passenger seat (seat in forward position)

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii120/emtnfirefighter/th_Picture003.jpg[/URL]

MCS2000 Remote mount chassis under the passenger seat (seat in normal position)

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii120/emtnfirefighter/th_Picture004.jpg[/URL]

Siren mounted under the rear bench seat

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii120/emtnfirefighter/th_Picture005.jpg[/URL]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.