2009 Ford E-250 Prisoner Transport / Warrant Round-up van

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
This van was built recently for prisoner transport, warrant round-up and and large crowd paddy wagon purposes. This agency has a nice budget and can choose to equip their vehicles the way they or I see fit. I'm usually given free reign on fitting these vehicles, and most of this set up is my choice. Enjoy!

FedSig AS124 speakers / Setina Push Bumper

ViperEXT leds on speakers/front fender/rear fender/rear doors

Tomar 67 inch Scorpion LED bar

Havis console w/wccessories

FedSig TouchMaster TM4 Siren

Havis transport insert

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2704_4068808454_e811df5e7a.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2460_4068054999_1ced46ba9f.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2650_4068810620_7c3d99ca12.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2782_4068817216_6e62ab1b30.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2578_4068062177_716d8c02a0_m.jpgafarm4.static.flickr.com_3499_4068813610_ff42604618_m.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2659_4068812844_87ea65fe54_m.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2511_4068057933_769c7a5366_m.jpg

cajunblitz

Scoops

May 21, 2010
Scott Co, IA
I dont like/dont get push bumpers on a paddy wagons and the like, its not going to get into a pursuit.(just mho though) other then that looks good.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Scoops, we were told the PB's on our cars were more for reducing car vs deer damage than pursuit damage. Maybe they have a similar deal.

Cajun, when I day, I want you to outfit my casket :lol:

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Nice work as always. Just one thing, have you thought about running the rear lights above the rear doors? That will give you rear warning when the doors are open, probably could also through a couple of LED worklights up there as well.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
smsales said:
I dont understand why they would need a siren either? maybe just for looks? weird.
The paddywagons here are used for general patrol as well. They do respond under lights and siren.

cory y said:
a fully populated rear on the lightbar... ?
You can still see the bar from a distance.

cory y

May 21, 2010
well IMO a paddy wagon isnt gonna be stopped anyplace where they need long distance warning

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
cory y said:
well IMO a paddy wagon isnt gonna be stopped anyplace where they need long distance warning

This van is a multi-purpose vehicle used in a variety of tasks. I guess you have no highways or long stretches of country road where you live to know that long distance warning is necessary on most emergency vehicles, including "paddy wagons" in any situation. This van runs code here and is used in circumstances where the siren is needed and having a fully populated light bar is better than having a half populated one.

Just because you or agencies in your neck of the woods don't populate the rear of light bars on "paddy wagons", it doesn't mean that everyone else shouldn't do it. The agency wanted a fully populated light bar, so I sold it to them. It's business.

Just like your customer "requested" a 36 inch light bar be magnet mounted to his roof. I would never do that because I feel at highway speeds that light bar will most likely become an airfoil and probably fly off, but I didn't give you any shit about him wanting it or you doing it. So why don't you lay off the assumption that everyone should follow your lead or consult you when building a vehicle and just enjoy the photos.

Or don't.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
In the last 24 hours I have seen the local paddy wagon performing both a traffic stop and running code, and both times the unsynced rear lights annoyed me!

cory y

May 21, 2010
cajunblitz said:
This van is a multi-purpose vehicle used in a variety of tasks. I guess you have no highways or long stretches of country road where you live to know that long distance warning is necessary on most emergency vehicles, including "paddy wagons" in any situation. This van runs code here and is used in circumstances where the siren is needed and having a fully populated light bar is better than having a half populated one.

Just because you or agencies in your neck of the woods don't populate the rear of light bars on "paddy wagons", it doesn't mean that everyone else shouldn't do it. The agency wanted a fully populated light bar, so I sold it to them. It's business.

Just like your customer "requested" a 36 inch light bar be magnet mounted to his roof. I would never do that because I feel at highway speeds that light bar will most likely become an airfoil and probably fly off, but I didn't give you any shit about him wanting it or you doing it. So why don't you lay off the assumption that everyone should follow your lead or consult you when building a vehicle and just enjoy the photos.

Or don't.

EASY KILLER...

dont get your panties all in a twirl

All you had to say is its a multi purpose vehicle.

most if not all the paddy wagons around here dont stop on the highways, its mainly surface streets when they stop. and they have an arrow with flashers or something else up high to supplement the forward mounted lightbar.

Im in agreeance with your not wanting to put a magnet mounted 36inch bar on the roof of a vehicle that sees highway speeds... but if you take another look at the install thread, you will see its a WATER DEPT truck. how many F350 utility body water department trucks do you see doing any faster than 45-50mph on a regular basis?

Besides its what the CUSTOMER wanted.

I was very clear to the customer when the vehicle was picked up that the manufacturer of the light does NOT recommend magnet mounting a lightbar of this size. He acknowledged my warning and assured me thats what he wanted. My liability ended at that point.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Dallas PD 98's (transport vans) run code 3 and stops on the highway at wrecks, and prisoner pick ups. Some have light bar's, some are clean roof with lower level or flange lighting, some have little flashers on the rear of the roof, it just depends on when it was put into service.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Guys in vans run hot all the time, including the modulars gotten second hand from ambulance services.

I know they do it, but they need to quit. Vans just aren't built for that, the vehicle dynamics are all wrong, and few if any training program exists for a "pursuit van."

It looks good, but it's sort of like lighting up a crime scene unit. It isn't like prisoners or dead guys are in a real rush....

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The times a transport van runs code 3 in Dallas are mostly on an assit officer call. In that case, slapping a flashing light on a goat is fine if it gets cover there quicker. Of course thats my opinion.

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Well, Hey...I like it.

Just wondering if they are going to tint those rear windows or not?

Most of the Transport vehicles I see either have no rear windows, or Limo tint..

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
Push bumpers are sometimes used to PUSH vehicles!! Its not only for pursuits, but also for disabled vehicles. We average 50% of our fleet getting dinged by deer per winter. We've tried for push bumpers, but admin won't budge.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.