2010 Chevrolet Tahoe POV

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
About to have an install done on my 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. I originally wanted a used police package Tahoe PPV. I checked with Asia Motors and Chicago Motors out of Illinois. After hearing elightbar members FFDGoss20's issues, I'm glad I chose a civilian vehicle, where I could buy in person with a warranty.

This is what I plan on having installed soon. Most of the equipment came out of my Crown Victoria, which unfortunately was totaled months ago. I'm not going to get into communications and antennas, just the lighting.

Everything will be connected to the Carbide, just like my Crown Victoria, very impressive system, easy to program, user friendly.

Looking for any input or thoughts, Thanks.

ROOF

Whelen 48 inch Liberty II Trio R/W/A

FRONT

Westin grille guard

2 Whelen M4 light heads (front on both side of speakers)

2 AS 124 Speakers

Whelen 500 series mirror beams

1 EFlood STM flood ,light bar (under grille guard)

2 LED hide a ways in DRLs

Head Light Flasher

2 Whelen duo Ions R/W (mounted on side of grille guard)

Whelen Howler

REAR

4 Whelen Vertexs (brake and reverse)

License plate with 2 Whelen lin3

INTERIOR

Whelen Carbide Siren/controller with the knob (Single siren amp for now)

Jotto Desk extra wide(Tahoe specific console)

SIDE

Tomar Rect25 (side rear windows)

Attachments

• IMG_2242.PNG
    IMG_2242.PNG
    355.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
Sounds very solid. Looking forward to seeing the progress. Love working on Tahoe's. I'm sure it's going to look awesome.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
About to have an install done on my 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. I originally wanted a used police package Tahoe PPV. I checked with Asia Motors and Chicago Motors out of Illinois. After hearing elightbar members FFDGoss20's issues, I'm glad I chose a civilian vehicle, where I could buy in person with a warranty.

This is what I plan on having installed soon. Most of the equipment came out of my Crown Victoria, which unfortunately was totaled months ago. I'm not going to get into communications and antennas, just the lighting.

Everything will be connected to the Carbide, just like my Crown Victoria, very impressive system, easy to program, user friendly.

Looking for any input or thoughts, Thanks.

ROOF

FRONT

Westin grille guard

2 Whelen M4 light heads (front on both side of speakers)

2 AS 124 Speakers

Whelen 500 series mirror beams

1 EFlood STM flood ,light bar (under grille guard)

Head Light Flasher

2 Whelen duo Ions R/W (mounted on side of grille guard)

Whelen Howler

REAR

4 Whelen Vertexs (brake and reverse)

License plate with 2 Whelen lin3

INTERIOR

SIDE

Tomar Rect25 (side rear windows)
Sounds good.
What size Eflood are you going with?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend LAWs in the DRLs on that generation Tahoe b/c I think that they're worthless during daytime and get drowned out by HLF at night.

I know that you're recycling, but for the rear I'd really like to see you upgrade to something better than a lin3 for the LP and something better for LAWs (i.e. Cannons, SNM e92, etc)

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
A few changes had to be made, as some of the recycled equipment wouldn't fit the application. Pdk9 thank you, for the input, I will be upgrading in the future, some of the items you talked about. Hope to have the install complete by next week. More updates coming soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 96

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
A few changes had to be made, as some of the recycled equipment wouldn't fit the application. Pdk9 thank you, for the input, I will be upgrading in the future, some of the items you talked about. Hope to have the install complete by next week. More updates coming soon.

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
Updated Install I had to make a few changes. This install came out great EmergEquip LLC, does amazing work and they completely think outside the box.

If your looking for an easy to use stress free lighting system, I highly suggest the Whelen Carbide.

I do plan on, in the future doing a second phase, which will include the second Carbide siren amp and additional lighting(Warning/Flood) to the running boards and updating other lighting to Duo.

ROOF (roof rack removed by EE)

2 antennas added VHF and UHF

FRONT

Westin grille guard

2 Whelen M4 light heads

2 AS 124 Speakers

Whelen Ions on mirrors(single color)

1 Whelen Continuum dual single stack LED flood stick

Whelen Head Light Flasher

2 Whelen duo Ions R/W (mounted on side of PB)

Whelen Howler

SIDE

Whelen single talons (side rear windows)

REAR

2 Whelen Vertexs (white reverse)

License plate with 2 Whelen lin3/license plate bracket (both recycled)

2 R/W led domes lights mounted on hatch with 3 way switch (cargo/command)

1 Whelen strip compartment light

1 Able2 3 outlet cigar plug

INTERIOR

The factory USB and traction control added to center console and rear air controls custom mounted in a faceplate in console.

1 interior glass mount 700mhz mobile radio antenna

1 Thinkware D750 Dash Camera (ignition)

Reactions: fordman

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
What did you/they use to plug the holes where they removed the roof rack? I need to do mine, but have seen the effects of a poorly done job in the past, and certainly want to avoid that for my own.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Looks good. You incorporate anything like daytime park vs. nighttime park w/ your light patterns and brightness etc.? Carbide is a good system.

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
Yes the Carbide is amazing,

I did not have the park kill input hooked up, maybe on the next install. I have got into the habit at night when I’m almost on scene to knock it down to Position 2 on the slide bar, which does just the red lighting.

For secondary and night time, I have two cruise modes.

Press 1, is just the corners , Second press is all red heads on entire vehicle in red in cruise mode.

For flashing I have the another switch Press 1, is just the corners in red on low power, and press 2 is half/half on lower power.

The computer programming, makes changing anything so easy, I love it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.