2010 Jeep Patriot FF/EMT POV -Closed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Rotator MX is a win, you just need to make the arrow out of CON3, do some crazy LED mounted to sweeps, and put lifetime bars in the front for takedown. Also 100w+ bulbs in the rotators when possible.

100w H1 bulbs in Highlighter rotators kick ass, fwiw.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Rotator MX is a win, you just need to make the arrow out of CON3, do some crazy LED mounted to sweeps, and put lifetime bars in the front for takedown. Also 100w+ bulbs in the rotators when possible.

100w H1 bulbs in Highlighter rotators kick ass, fwiw.
MX bar looks good up there. I prefer rotators over LED, but in the end that choice is yours.

Dan
Like I said, dont have to sell me on how awesome rotators are. I love em. If not for the interstate travel it wouldnt even be a question. Last thing I need is to get popped on the side of the highway by a Trooper with a bug up his ass, next thing yoj know hes having me pull it from the roof.

Dont think Im doing sweeps either, want the room for alley lights

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I put extra light on the ends onmy MX (next to the alley light) and till ran sweeps

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Just an idea, but you could have rotators up top with LEDs on the bottom and get a set of junk domes and paint them black, throw those on if your going out of the area. It would look better than the OOS covers.

Dan

Reactions: NVFD612

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Just an idea, but you could have rotators up top with LEDs on the bottom and get a set of junk domes and paint them black, throw those on if your going out of the area. It would look better than the OOS covers.

Dan

Hmmmm, now theres an idea

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Few minor changes have been made, very simple 360 setup with a Firebeam "throw" light

mandatory videos will be posted whenever i figure out the password to my youtube

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm not gonna lie, but I'm not a huge fan of the front flash patterns...I think they should be faster, and (although people usually think more sync is needed) I personally think that it's unnecessary to have everything synced together (ie I'd have the grill lights flash together, have the clear LAWs alternating in a typical HAW/LAW pattern, and I'd have the dash light on any fast pattern), but that's just me.

I'm excited to see a valor on it, though

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
I'm not gonna lie, but I'm not a huge fan of the front flash patterns...I think they should be faster, and (although people usually think more sync is needed) I personally think that it's unnecessary to have everything synced together (ie I'd have the grill lights flash together, have the clear LAWs alternating in a typical HAW/LAW pattern, and I'd have the dash light on any fast pattern), but that's just me.

I'm excited to see a valor on it, though
actually i wasnt a huge fan of all 6 sync'd either, so i moved the dashmiser and swapped it for a slimlighter. Have no fear, its all about to get changed, major progess was made today, the Valor's mounted, now running the wires. Stay tuned :thumbsup:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
actually i wasnt a huge fan of all 6 sync'd either, so i moved the dashmiser and swapped it for a slimlighter. Have no fear, its all about to get changed, major progess was made today, the Valor's mounted, now running the wires. Stay tuned :thumbsup:
You know the rule...  Pics/Vids or it didn't happen...  lol  

Reactions: Storm4200

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Valor looks good. I don't think the rear needs the slimlighter (since it's right beneath the valor), so i personally would move it to the lower dash b/c I like having a combo of dash, grill lights, & lightbar

Is it all blue with flood override up front and Amber TA to the rear, or just single color blue front and Amber rear?

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Valor looks good. I don't think the rear needs the slimlighter (since it's right beneath the valor), so i personally would move it to the lower dash b/c I like having a combo of dash, grill lights, & lightbar

Is it all blue with flood override up front and Amber TA to the rear, or just single color blue front and Amber rear?
the slimlighters only there for now. its a MA spec'd bar, meaning it has a red head to the rear, a big no no for PA. So I have the rear cut-off enabled, which is why you dont see any blue flashing to the rear of the bar in the videos. Worse is you can just pull one head, you have to pull an entire quadrant. So when I have some down time Ill be pulling it and sending it to Wilson.

I briefly left the slimlighter above the RVM to see how it looked, it was overkill, and down below it looked out of place.

As for your question; Its dual blue/white to the front. And dual blue/amber to the rear.

Damnit man!!! That looks good... Now, I'm jealous... (Or am I...? lol)
you are, dont lie

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Bit of an update today: the Galls XL400 I'd been using went to the wayside, as I upgraded to a Federal Signal SS2000SM.

HUGE shoutout to Storm4200, couldnt have installed that thing without his help today :thumbsup:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
But you already have clear LAWs in the fogs, so why you holding back on the clear now?
those cannons can go to amber. again, i only hooked up the white for on those for lack of a better use for them

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Wait a second!  You have a Valor bar, and you use the Knight Rider pattern?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I hadn't seen the show in so long, I had forgotten what the pattern actually looked like.

senile.jpg

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
what are you doing with the  Galls XL400 B)

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
thanks folks

future plans are;

swapping side CON3 with LIN6

3 mode cannons replacing front turn signals

3 mode cannons in brake/rev lights

and maybe some titans under the Valor

Reactions: Storm4200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.