2011 Dodge Charger Wiring Questions

search

Apr 25, 2011
Lancaster, PA
So I picked up my 2011 charger yesterday. Found out it was a PSP vehicle for the PA Turnpike. Whoever decommissioned the vehicle ripped almost everything out. Did find some clear LED hideaways in the reverse lights, so that was a score. I saw they cut the headlight wig wag wire on the VSM so that was used. The tail light flasher wire was un touched so I figured they used an aftermarket one. Here is a pic I took that was at the C pillar and can't really figure out what they would have connected to these 2 wires. Also wondering where the connector that has the pass through wiring in the engine compartment is. I looked around the PS pump to no avail. Thanks in advance.

http://imgur.com/a/2F9L3

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
The pass through harness doesn't have a connector on the end. It's just blunt cut wires and are more than likely at the underhood fuse box. I think the older models put them near the power steering pump and then after that they moved them near the fuse box. Never seen one that wasn't at the fuse box. Usually they wiring runs under the fuse box with the end and excess wiring zip tied to the side of the fender. If the harness was used it might be tucked under the fuse box. Check the upfitter guide for the wire colors, so you can make sure you have the right colors, will be 7 wires. Not sure what the wires are tapped for.

search

Apr 25, 2011
Lancaster, PA
Thanks, I did find it. Had to take the bumper cover off and it was hiding behind that. The ends were still heatshrinked so I guess they never used them. Must have ran a speaker wire thru the firewall in its previous capacity.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Great, I was wondering if they were behind the bumper but I wasn't sure. That's where they put them on the 06-10 models and I couldn't remember if they carried over to the 11's or not. Yeah they must have ran the wire through the firewall.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.