2012 Jeep Wrangler

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
It's not done yet, but it's serviceable and I can't resist posting a video.

Front-
Feniex Fusion 800 dual color, blue/white. mix of 40* and 180* optics. Custom mount to windshield frame.
Whelen Dual Talon, blue.
Feniex Fusion surface mounts dual color, blue/white. 180* optics.
Wig-wag- offroad flood lights recessed in bumper (not yet hooked up)

Sides-
Fusion Fusion 200 single color, blue. 180* optics. Window bracket.

Rear-
Feniex Fusion 800 dual color, red-blue/amber. 40* optics. Mounted to window hinges.
Feniex Cannon 120s dual color, red/white and blue/white. Will be mounted in reverse light housings.
Feniex Fusion surface mounts dual color, red/white and blue/white. 180* optics (on bumper)
Feniex Fusion surface mounts single color, red and blue. 40* optics. Will be mounted to inside of hardtop behind the window for when the window is open and 800 stick is pointed at the sky.

Controlled by Feniex 4200 with bluetooth module. Switch panel is on an overhead rack. Bluetooth is behind the passenger rollbar cover to give it better range. 4200 base is with a Storm Pro 100W siren inside the rear floor cubby.

Also have a pair of amber/white lights that I intended to mount in recessed positions on the back bumper, but I'll have to take off the bumper to reach the mounting bolts. There's a pair of offroad LED lights mounted on top of brake lights, these will be turned out for alley lights... originally used for offroad reverse lights and work lights when camping.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
NICE. But needs something done with those confusing blue and white things at the top of the windshield. A steady side to side flash pattern would be most effective instead of the random. Otherwise it is BEAUTIFUL!!

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
That's the secondary "get out of the way" pattern. Feniex calls it "attack". It's pretty good in person but, I might switch it up to something with more solid blocks, maybe the "half-half fast" pattern. Thanks for the input. :)

Beautiful? Thanks! There aren't too many Jeeps outfitted with a "full" package, usually just a dash light and hideaways... I wanted to post the video to give folks ideas.

The weather is gonna be rough this weekend, but I hope to finish the flashback shield for the front 800, it's pretty intense at night. Oh, and need to connect the sync wires for the rear corner lights.

Reactions: Theweda123

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Beautiful? Thanks! There aren't too many Jeeps outfitted with a "full" package, usually just a dash light and hideaways... I wanted to post the video to give folks ideas.

not many jeeps huh? or is that cause mines not a "real" jeep?? :p

all ball busting aside, she looks good

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
That's pretty badass!

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
It's not done yet, but it's serviceable and I can't resist posting a video.

Front-
Feniex Fusion 800 dual color, blue/white. mix of 40* and 180* optics. Custom mount to windshield frame.

Rear-
Feniex Fusion 800 dual color, red-blue/amber. 40* optics. Mounted to window hinges.

Nicely done!
I'm currently spec'ing a Wrangler build myself.

Could you provide descriptions/photographs of how you mounted the Fusion 800s to the windshield and rear hinges?

Thanks!

Reactions: Theweda123

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
I'll try to get photos when I have a chance. The windshield uses a custom bent aluminum bracket with a self-tapping screw into the windshield frame at each of the soft-top clamp spots. Wiring runs through the trim down the a-pillar and along the rocker panel back to the storage cubby. I'm still working on a good flashback shield, currently using 1/4" foamboard until I can work up something better.

The rear window can be done two ways, first is just to the plastic hinge cover with a decent washer to distribute the weight. This will likely be fine on a newer hinge, but I worry that the hooks will wear out on an older one and the cover will fall off with the extra weight as time progresses. Next option is to drill out the hinge and use a longer bolt in the 800, but you'll need to use nuts on both sides of the hinge and one on the cover to stabilize it, I think. Pinch the cover and lift from the bottom to remove, the cover is hinged at the top. For either method, you'll need to notch the cover a little so it won't pinch the harness. I routed the harness down the right side of the hardtop seal and drilled through the hardtop to pass it into the vehicle.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
front.jpg

That's the drivers side, loosened the hardtop clamp to get the photo. The bracket is mostly hidden behind the sunvisor when it's up. Passenger side is identical. Too dark here at work to get a photo of the rear, I'll try to remember to get one.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
Here's how I mounted the 4200 panel.
molle.jpg

It's a MOLLE mounting panel that works with either hard or soft tops (most overhead consoles only work with soft tops). http://www.ebay.com/itm/jk-jeep-mol...SPod-compatible-HLD-PUR-6-25-17-/291409020400 The cat5 cable is routed behind the windshield trim to the passenger A-pillar, along the rocker, up the b-pillar rollbar above the body line where it meets the bluetooth dongle, then into a new cat5 cable back down the rollbar and goes with the other wiring to the rear cubby.

I've re-done the button configuration from how it was in this photo (by the prior owner). Ergonomics make the left side a little harder to hit without focusing on them, so the right side gets the most-used buttons.

I did install the Cannons in the reverse lights (no drilling required). Still playing around with the pattern for mode 2. Mode 1 is synced with the bumper lights in an X pattern, and Mode 3 is reverse light with "brake pop". Mode 2 is tied with the "Code 3" button (en route pattern, stationary or rolling roadblock is on Mode 1) which puts the rear 800 on a fast red-blue pattern (no amber) and the side 200s on a faster pattern as well. It currently uses a faster pattern with white, but I really don't like white to the rear on principle (even though the Cannons are the least-bright lights on the vehicle)... just playing around for now.

I noticed that with the Cannons on a different pattern than the bumper lights, the bumper lights don't go through their pattern. Supposed to alternate speeds, but they seem to only use one speed.

Reactions: OliverD

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
The bumper lights don't go through their pattern because they are trying to sync with the cannons. You cannot have them on different patterns and leave the sync wires hooked up. You must use a relay to isolate the sync wires between the cannons and bumper lights, when the cannons are on a different pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.