2016 RAM 1500 Speaker Mounting w/Active Grille Shutters

BAKE19

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa.
I've searched here and seen many people post about grille lights with the active grille shutters. I have found a couple ways to possibly mount my Whelen IONs behind the grille. However, I cannot come up with a good way to mount my 2 Whelen speakers. Does anyone have any experience with these trucks? I would like to avoid mounting the speakers behind the bumper, and the bull bars look out of place to me on these trucks otherwise I would go that route. Any help would be much appreciated!!

CanamRider

Jul 11, 2015
LA
I did an install and we mounted both speakers up under the bumper and mounted M4s in the grill (outside the grille should I say).

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
I had a 2015 Dodge Ram. When I mounted the One Whelen speaker I did it on the drivers side; but took the mount and reversed it and only used the top 2 screw connections (I did use lock tight on them) which then put the speaker low enough to hit the center of the grill. As far as the shutter grill; I gave up on trying to install them at different heights because the make up of the grill really did not allow them to come through. I ended up putting vertex's in the chrome grill with the chrome bezels and it worked good and provided additional coverage.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
im having the same issue with my 2016 f150 it also has the active grill shutter thing and i need to mount 2 speakers.... dono yet what ill do
we through mounted some bolts on the frame by the front wheels.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.