2016 Tahoe PPV Dash Backlight

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
Feel free to locate question to another forum if not posted in right area.
Just recently got a Chevrolet Tahoe PPV and see that when the headlamps are off the dash backlighting goes to full intensity (total officer safety issue in my book). They won't dim with the dimmer switch when the headlamps are off, but will dim when the parking lights or other ones are on. Any suggestions how this can be corrected or do I need to hook up the surveillance switch wire option?
Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
From what I can tell with my 2016 Tahoe, you have to go the surveillance switch route. I haven't been able to find another way.

Reactions: upnorth896

upnorth896

Dec 13, 2011
MI
From what I can tell with my 2016 Tahoe, you have to go the surveillance switch route. I haven't been able to find another way.
Thanks for the reply. That's the route I went. Needed to buy the "terminated wire" from GM ($7.95) as it wasn't included with the up-fitter wiring.
It dims the backlighting down to the lowest setting (doesn't actually black-out the lighting) & disables the parking lights when the remote start is used.
Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: 801

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.