2017 Suburban HD Secret Service version Install

lite-em-up

May 23, 2010
Eastern Missouri
I'm getting a 2017 Suburban HD that is the SS version Suburban. It will be used for a Battalion Chief vehicle. It's not a PPV or a civilian model so I'm not quite sure what to expect as far as install goes. Does anyone here have any experience with these?

I'm also looking for input on how to flash the LED strip under the headlights.

I've been told you can't really put any LAW's in these housings. True???

It's going to be completely Code-3 warning with a Pursuit lightbar. Too many lights to list. lol

Last edited:

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
What is the "Secret Service" version if it's neither a PPV (there is no PPV or SSV Suburban) or retail model?

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
If it's the one State Department orders, not much different. They come with the rear 3rd row seating facing the back, like an old station wagon.
Don't waste your time flashing the factory LED day time running lamps. Install hide-a-way LEDs in the lower portion of the headlight, I think it's the turn signal. Come up from the bottom. For the tail lights, they can be a PITA. But I find using Code3 bullets work best in all 3 reflectors in each tail light housing. Even with my all Whelen installs, I still use Code3 bullets in the tail lights on new Tahoes.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I hate when they flash the factory LED running lamps or tail lamps they look extremely dim.... for something that is not going to be visible for more than 25 yards no agency should spend the cash on a flasher for it.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
There isn't anything different electrically between the standard Sub and Sub HD.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I hate when they flash the factory LED running lamps or tail lamps they look extremely dim.... for something that is not going to be visible for more than 25 yards no agency should spend the cash on a flasher for it.

Look good on the Chargers IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.