3-Pod Vector wiring question

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
I snagged a 3-pod Vector off eBay last week and it arrived today. The cable contains 4 wires - a red, a black, and 2 smaller gauge brown wires (one of which has a white stripe). I've only applied power to the red and black wires which powered pod #1 and pod #3. Pod #2 does not appear to be an oscillator or traffic clearing light, just another rotator. Just looking for some guidance on this, thanks!

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
OK, I found a couple of minutes to pull the domes off, look at the wiring, and check continuity. The brown/white wire is the + lead for the center (fast) rotator, and the brown wire is not connected to anything.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Glad you answered your question. FedSig's website has good support for current and discontinued lightbars.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
This is true, and I have used it for my Streethawk, basic Vector, and Vista strobe wiring info, but for some reason I had a difficult time finding info on the 3 pod light on the website, other than sales brochures and ordering info.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.