4200 Timer Examples?

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
You could use it for a gunlock, if you tapped into the horn, or horn ring circuit you could set a timed input for so many seconds which you could activate another mode on the lightbar and/or mode on lights for a different pattern to help clear intersections.

I use a timed input as a shut down timer. I like using the 4200 this way over something like a ChargeGuard because if it fails the equipment attached to it will still turn on with the ignition and is way cheaper than a ChargeGuard because you just need a relay. You have to make sure though your ignition source can handle the load if you use the timer circuit for anything other than the 4200.

Tom Pringle

Feb 12, 2018
Altoona, PA
I am trying to set up a timer so my 4200 controller stays on for 10 mins after i shut off the ignition, but it does not seem to work properly. the head goes off when i turn off the ignition. the head will stay on only if i have a button activated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.