51" Valor thoughts...?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
So, discussion time... (Mods, If this needs to be moved, by all means...)

I have a 51" FedSig Valor. I've owned if since it was BNIB and it has ONLY been installed on my Durango. Its been for sale locally (Mainly because this thing is awkward AF to handle between its weight and its size) for the past year-ish, but no bites other than the usual FB Scammers.

Here comes the topic of discussion I have:

Should I keep trying to sell the bar complete - OR - Gut the bar and sell all the internals (ROC Boards, Wiring, Control Board, ect.) and make a custom bar with different internals...?

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Valor and all its capabilities, but the modifier in me wants something different. Plus this was the lightbar that I continuously used the LONGEST, I usually change it up much more often, but a custom build would be sweet.

So ladies and gents, lest discuss...

Reactions: Sparky_911

Jacob K

Jul 27, 2019
Canada
I would list it here and see who would want it. Im sure there is people near you that would drive to come get it. Thats common here to see that. Worth a shot.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I would gut it and sell the parts, but only after trying to get a good price for it with no shipping (which rarely happens). However I am not a fan of sipping lightbars, especially "V" shaped ones. Knowing your lover of updating systems I think you should pick a platform or bar housing and ground up build something.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I would gut it and sell the parts, but only after trying to get a good price for it with no shipping (which rarely happens). However I am not a fan of sipping lightbars, especially "V" shaped ones. Knowing your lover of updating systems I think you should pick a platform or bar housing and ground up build something.
Yeah. I had it apart the other day, and there isn't much room in that bad boy. So selling it complete is probably the move.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yeah. I had it apart the other day, and there isn't much room in that bad boy. So selling it complete is probably the move.
I've never opened one up, I guess I assumed they were like an arjent (my last Federal Signal "modern bar"). looking at some pics online of it open, you aren't really going to have any space at all once you removed the original parts. You are right, that's not a "guttable" bar. I guess sell it and pic a platform you like building in.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

NOLA911

Nov 4, 2023
New Orleans, LA
So, discussion time... (Mods, If this needs to be moved, by all means...)

I have a 51" FedSig Valor. I've owned if since it was BNIB and it has ONLY been installed on my Durango. Its been for sale locally (Mainly because this thing is awkward AF to handle between its weight and its size) for the past year-ish, but no bites other than the usual FB Scammers.

Here comes the topic of discussion I have:

Should I keep trying to sell the bar complete - OR - Gut the bar and sell all the internals (ROC Boards, Wiring, Control Board, ect.) and make a custom bar with different internals...?

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Valor and all its capabilities, but the modifier in me wants something different. Plus this was the lightbar that I continuously used the LONGEST, I usually change it up much more often, but a custom build would be sweet.

So ladies and gents, lest discuss...
Not sure if this is the permissible place for this, but I would in fact be interested in purchasing this if you are looking to perhaps go down that route. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.