9000 Edge Ultra LED conversion

GMCRanch

May 22, 2017
Maryland
Hi all, new guy here and new to the lightbar world too. I have recently acquired a 2002 Whelen Edge Ultra from a friend of mine and it's in fantastic shape. Unfortunately it's off a fire truck that just got all new LED lights so in its current configuration it's got red lenses. That much I know how to fix, I work with heavy equipment so I want to convert it to LEDs in amber and white and put clear lenses on it then toss it up on my headache rack on my pick-up. I was wondering how hard it'd be to add LEDs to it on all 4 corners, and at least 2 on each side along with take downs front and rear and alleys to replace the halogen alley/strobe combo ends it has now. It currently only has 4 corner strobes, 2 long strobe elements in one side, alleys with strobes under them and that's it. As much as I'd like a fully loaded bar it's not in my budget. I've read LED swaps in the place of flashers is plug and play but not so where corner strobes are. Any input and advice is appreciated. At the end of the day I'm aware it might be easier and cheaper to get a used bar that's built how I want and keep or sell this one. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.