91 inch code 3 mx7000

farmboy

May 8, 2012
michigan
So after give or take 8 years of toying with the idea I finally got around to build a 91 inch mx Franken bar. Finding a frame is next to impossible so I sacrificed a few bars to build a frame. Took a 47 and a 52 inch frames fabbed up some brackets until I can find someone to do some aluminum welding if possible. Any who I'm looking for some ideas on what to put in. I have some strobes I yanked out of an Excalibur kinda curious if they would work or not. It's going on the wall and not coming down so I don't want to get too crazy with the build. Any tips pics or ideas are greatly appreciated. Also anyone else have stupid big bars?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1082.JPG
    IMG_1082.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: jph2 and Tony P
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Excaliber strobes wont work in it due to the mounts being different (mx ones are flat, the excalibers have a lift to them).

If ya need parts i have a few things for the mx7000. I dnt have any crazy length bars, but have a 69" bare bones bar i filled the front lower spots and blacked out the rear lower.....came out good :) :)

Good luck with the monster build. I wouldnt mind replicating the mx on a truck my cousins fd has for lansing (ny) fd, but it was replaced by a newer 2016 pierce quantum (that was an 80")

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.