911 EP TD28 Help

fergujb

Aug 25, 2012
USA, Oklahoma
I have lost my wiring diagram for my 911 EP TD28 light bar. It has been sitting in my shop for a couple of years and the wiring diagram disappeared. I have tried finding a copy on this site, but the only one I could find would not open. I appreciate your help!

Joe

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I don't have one on my phone but it had 2 wiring types. The most likely is power and ground to the main larger R/B wires then touch positive to the other wires or combinations of wires to activate patterns.

If it is by chance the other type, same power and ground. If you power the blue it will activate, tapping orange will cycle through the other patterns. Pretty sure yellow is the other activation and green is an override. If you test yours to determine what version it is, I can send you the correct wiring diagram.

If it has a smaller dark brown or black wire, that is a ground/drain wire. Obviously, do not power that (or the large black). Otherwise the Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green wires are positive activated.

fergujb

Aug 25, 2012
USA, Oklahoma
Mine has larger gauge power and ground wires (R/B), then smaller gauge black, green, blue, yellow and orange wires. After work, I will experiment with different combinations of smaller wires. I appreciate your help!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Sounds good. The main difference is that one version uses the orange wire to change the patterns while the other has preset patterns for each individual and combination of wires. Knowing what one of those you have will get you the correct wiring diagram. I have them both on my computer so I can grab it tonight when I get the chance. Someone here might be able to post both beforehand then just figuring out what one for the version you have.

fergujb

Aug 25, 2012
USA, Oklahoma
If I would have experimented first, it appears each wire just has 1 function. I thought I remembered wiring it up being more complicated last time. Thank you for your help!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
If I would have experimented first, it appears each wire just has 1 function. I thought I remembered wiring it up being more complicated last time. Thank you for your help!
That is what I figured that model was. Each if the individual wires has a dedicated pattern. Powering multiple wires at once also has a dedicated pattern (powering both directional wires will give center out pattern, other combos will modify tge arrow pattern or create just a warning pattern). I believe they made 2 pattern revisions of that light so the pattern list is not applicable to all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.