ALL Clear beacon thread

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Nice selection you got going,they are Beautiful. Dan, Ive only managed to get a couple clears, besides bars. Got the 184 and a Fireball II in my collection. Really like them as you can look at the inner workings of the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Here's all my clear stuff too, I suppose... :crazy:

Clear Force 4 XL.jpg

16105d1319325219-weekend-i-joined-twin-aerotwin-sonic-fold-100_1128.jpg

25316d1329942161t-big-positive-nicole-sprader-wisconsin-100_1290.jpg

Clear Model 14 series B.jpg

Clear Dietz 211.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
You have a nice collection of lights you must be the one with the xl christmas lightbar red & green filters thank you for sharing your pictures with everyone I'm sure everyone likes your display I know I myself does very much please share more in the near future. :)

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Thanks Dan,

your:cool: lights are most cool, you certainly made things more clear!!

Todd

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Whelen Responder DXII

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenResponderDXII.jpg

Whelen Guardian

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenGuardian.jpg

Whelen Centurion

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenCenturion.jpg

FedSig Highlighter (w/ the uber rare green filters!!! :thumbsup: )

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_FedSigHighlighter.jpg

Code 3 550

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_Code3550.jpg

FedSig Firebeam

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_FedSigFirebeamClear.jpg

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_FedSigFirebeamGreen.jpg

Whelen RB6

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenRB6.jpg

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenRB6Green.jpg

FedSig Sentry (w/ the uber rare green filters!!! :thumbsup: )

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_FedSigSentry.jpg

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
pc0k894 said:
Didn't we just see all these from the previous post in the GREEN thread?

Yeah, "2 birds, 1 stone". They're clear and green, so they fit into both.

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
pc0k894 said:
Didn't we just see all these from the previous post in the GREEN thread?
:yes: :D :suicide: :dielaugh: (green emoticons... get it? GREEN???? :duh: :bonk: )

Ho boy... I REALLY got too much time on my hands these days.......

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
rwo978 said:
Whelen Responder DXII
ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenResponderDXII.jpg

Whelen Guardian

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenGuardian.jpg

Whelen Centurion

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_WhelenCenturion.jpg

FedSig Highlighter (w/ the uber rare green filters!!! :thumbsup: )

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv36_rwo978_Projects_20Reviews_Other_FedSigHighlighter.jpg

Thanks for sharing your collection especially all the clear with green!! :D :yes:

Todd

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
These are all some very nice light setups, for sure! While all-clear is allowed and tolerated here in Texas, there are some who frown on it because of the all-white light. I remember a nice '63 American-LaFrance firetruck that the Odessa FD bought new. It was an open-air cab and had a clear SolaRay light mounted above the windshield and a Qon the left front bumper. The only red lights were single faced reds built into the front of the truck, sitting next to the turn signals. For some reason that light was pulled not too long after they got it and replaced with a red 184 beacon. I never heard why: complaints, etc.

Gold Star Ambulance in Clovis, NM, which closed in 1973, had a 1965 lowtop International Travel-All ambulance that had a pair of red 17s on the front corners with an all-clear 176 behind the roof-mounted Q. I went on a few calls with Gold Star in that rig, and the only time there were complaints was at night. Baker Ambulance in Odessa, which closed in 1974, had a bodacious '67 Dodge Polara wagon that I went on a number of calls in from the time they bought it in 1970 until they closed for good. The car originally came with a roof-mounted Q flanked by four (two red, two blue) DoRay lollipops and a red 17 in the rear. Baker pulled the 17 and mounted a Federal VisiBar in the rear to replace the 17. It sported a red beacon on the left; amber on the right; and an all clear 175 in the middle of the bar. Quite a light show, indeed.

For many years in Lubbock, TX, I managed a small volunteer standby ambulance service where we provided onsite ambulances for sporting events: car races, rodeos, football games, etc. I was also a ranking officer in the West Carlisle Vol. Fire Dept. in the west end of Lubbock County. We would also respond an ambulance whenever the dept. was toned-out. In 1987 we bought a 1970 hightop Suburban ambulance from a small town in NM. The only lights on the truck were "tunnel lights" built into the rear of the hightop. Up front we went with four (two red and two blue) Dietz lollipops over the cab with a pair of CP100 speakers sandwiched between the lollipops and powered by a then-new SA400 siren. On top went a blue Dietz 211-WW. That old blue light could be seen a long way off. But one night on a fire run the blue dome came off the Dietz light, so unintentionally we ended up with an all clear light: at least on that run. I was driving the rig that night and got two comments: One was: "You need to do something about that "freaking" clear light now! That sweeping downward bulb almost blinded me." The other comments were of the "gee that's neat. Keep it that way" variety. I sorta liked that myself, but ended up putting another blue dome on the light since we were never able to find the original. It would seem that flashing, rotating or strobing clear lights are extremely effective. Our last ambulance prior to my shutting the service down in 2005 after open heart surgery was a '92 Ford E-One/Frontline Type II van. It came, as are most of the later model ambulances, with red tunnel lights to the outside of the hightop in front with a flashing clear in the middle. The van had a switch for the lights where we could run red only or everything! During the day we would light it all up, but at night we had to shut down that front clear light, because the way it was mounted, it actually blinded us in the cab! Go figure. :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.