Alternative Quality Brands

TheFearrecon2

Feb 4, 2024
Florida
Hello All,

I'm looking for some in-site brands other than big names like Whelen, SoundOff, Code 3, Federal Signal, and Feniex. I am mainly looking at Speed Tech Lights (STL) and Strobes N' More, but I am open to other brands suggestions.

I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about these companies.

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
Hello All,

I'm looking for some in-site brands other than big names like Whelen, SoundOff, Code 3, Federal Signal, and Feniex. I am mainly looking at Speed Tech Lights (STL) and Strobes N' More, but I am open to other brands suggestions.

I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly about these companies.
your best bet is buying used name brand. Its pretty much the same price at this point.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Strobesnmore has been around for a while. Good products and their RMA is great if you have a warranty claim. I've bought their house brand items plus feniex and whelen products from them. Quality stuff great customer service. No complaints from my experience.

Ecco is essentially Code 3 these days soooo..

Abrams is another company that isn't bad.

As for the STL and other chinesium brands, I've heard good and bad but no actual experience with them. LED Equipped brand I can say isn't terrible.

If you're looking for work/area/flood lights for 12v, take a look at superbrightleds.com. They are generally 20-30% cheaper for that kind of stuff and are near the same quality.

As was said above...depending on what you're looking for, prices are about the same these days. Better warranty and quality for "the big 3" can make the difference up in price.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.