Axios Modular LED Lightbar

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
http://axiosmodular.com/

I stumbled onto this while browsing YouTube. ECCO developed the Axios Modular product line, which is an LED lightbar that is easily customized and built without tools. With the exception of the externally mounted Safety Director, this appears to be all new products.

Website does not reveal color options other than amber. Don't know if Code 3 will get this in red/blue.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
It's a unique concept, but how many retailers would be willing to have stock just sitting around, waiting for impatient buyers to show up, and give them business?

It will be interesting to see how reliable those power rails are in the long term.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
I don't like the look of the controller and button layout. If you have beacons you have to use the controller or else the simulated rotate mode won't work, also the safety director won't work without their controller. It will also be interesting to see what the price will be.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Unless you're a certain ELB member that changes their POV setup on a weekly basis (*cough cough* storm & Eric *cough cough* lol) I think that it's not any special idea here for being able to configure and reconfigure bars quickly to order. A lot of bars (i.e. Libby) just requires a screw driver to remove the end caps and then inboards are all plug and play, and a lot of ppl stock lightbars loaded with basic color configs or just with 4 corners that can customize from there.
As for the output, none of there products impress me. These optics are mediocre and their hour glass shape optics (similar to Apollo) are horrible output. I don't see this catching on in the states (b/c we're used to bright, loaded bars), but maybe it'll catch on in Europe where anything more than a single beacon is a plus lol

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I saw this firsthand on Tuesday. It's pretty cool, although not perfect. One of the features I liked was being able to choose the phase of each lighthead simply by rotating the base 180 degrees and locking it back in.

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
I am in the process of purchasing one of these bars for my F150 from my local Midwest Wheel. Bar itself comes with control head and what they call the J-Box included. Mine will be a 48" with 4 blue beacon modules, the traffic director, and work-lights front and rear. Will attach video and photos when I have the install completed.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Any update on this. Have a customer interested in this bar but I want some more info before I let him jump in.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.