Backyard creature code 3 Excalibur 36"

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Hey Kendreth here, well heres the project we did using the mx7000 36" bar we already had. Ill post the inside guts pics when i do the maintaince next week.

We removed all the original guts from the old bar and fabricated 90° brackets to mount LIN6 lightheads from stl. Green on the ends clear in the middle in front (4 lightheads) with 2 tir3 heads as weak TD. Rear is green ends with green/red lightheads in the middle. On the top using the original strobe reflectors are LIN6 amber/clear. With the amber lens its kinda got a back and fourth yellow/amber unintentional but neat.
Again - this is the most convoluted backyard monster ever used in a professional setting but this is the best we could do with the 200 bucks we were given to buy supplies. We ended up kicking in 100 bucks of our own to get a couple extra lights for the grill and the takedowns.
Again it is what it is what do you think?

Attachments

• 20170424_215046.jpg
    20170424_215046.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 83
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
its all good. the mx and excalibers are 2 of my favorites, I'm probably one of the very few that like the streethawk lightbars.

I like the custom conversion also you did on the 36" too, I did something similar with my 47" strobe excaliber, but added whelen LEDs in the upper spots and LEDX LEDs in the lower spots

little bit bigger would have gone a long way... thanks for the correction

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
hard to see but i reused the 4 outer reflectors from the strobe modules and added a small 90 bracket for a tir6 amber/clear split. looks amber/yellow when their on. im on a mobile device so i cant upload anything good right now but once the comp at home is back up and running ill upload some more pics and vids.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH

this is the amber section of the Excalibur lit up. switches arent labeled in vid had just finished 75%of the install at the time but in order from ds. Amber lights,Green Lights, Grill and HAW, "TD" and last switch is a leftover dummy from the original alleys. switches are short chrome spst switches with led's (amber for amber ect)

and just to note whoever installed the lightbar initially mounted it way too far forward and i cannot move it. looks like they epoxied or jb welded the mounting feet to the roof and would be an extreme effort to relocate. this truck isnt going to be in service too much longer.

Last edited:

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH

and just because why not.

again disclaimer - its all STL product so flash patterns are terrible and nothing is phased but its what we could afford at the time. and i am not a professional installer by any means.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We added no name brand 6led HAW to the front. had put 2 "old school" strobe HAW's in the rear taillights too but im having a issue with the comet 660 power supply so their not connected right now.

all thats left for this build is the rear HAW issue, intersection lights rear windows and front corners and figuring out some sort of TA for the back window.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
updated logo on the trailblazer. added some feniex dual surface mount R/A on the rear qtrs for intersection warning (not in pic). next time im downtown ill take a video of the lights.Trailblazer sunset 2018.jpg

Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.