Blue lights approved for tow trucks

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
Tow trucks can use Blue and Amber here in New Mexico. The actual law is written as, "any color, other than red, in combination with amber." A lot here don't even run amber though, especially at night. I feel that the blue is a lot easier on the eyes of other motorists at night.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
In NY blue is only allowed to be run to the rear when running forward facing Amber or Red. if running Forward facing Blue, any color may be run to the rear.

In my Excal, I'm setup to swap from Blue to red in under 10 min, so I have rearward facing Red, Blue and Amber, but in the front I just have to swap 2 domes, and 3 modules. white is only SUPPOSED to be used when vehicle is in motion, but we all know how that works

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
And the myth of the blue aura of safety lives on.
BTW, in NY, only Vol FFs can run blue to the front, all other EVs can only run blue to the rear- VTL 375(41.) 4 A&B

Reactions: Hoff and OSP959(R)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.