Boxes for shipping lightbars.. FYI

Jun 18, 2013
PA
We had a shipping thread somewhere but with all the changes and upgrades to elb.. no idea where it went.. mods feel free to move.

Ok so I found a pretty reasonable option to ship fullsize bars.
In this instance I am shipping an Aerodynic 24MEAH-T with feet.
I used 2 boxes from u-haul called Sport utility boxes.. the dimensions were 48x15x15.
The bars dimensions are 48x12x8.

Box can be found here.
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Specialty-Boxes/Sport-Utility-Box?id=8725
or at your local U-haul for about $6 plus tax.

Individually the boxes are OK.. not dual layer but corrugated cardboard.. however combining 2 boxes like I did makes this box a tank..
The really nice thing is that you can expand the box to the length you need close to 96" in length.. so for those wanting to ship 72" bars.. here is a good solution.

Just thought I would toss it out there. locating boxes can be a PITA.
Optimized-20170212_134947.jpg

TactMedic

Oct 31, 2016
Canada
Personnaly, I bought a lot of 15 expandable boxes from Uline (uline.ca) Uline have US offices too. They carry a lot of different box sizes and a lot of shipping supplies. I bought a 49"-90" expandable box for around $10 CAD per box.

Reactions: NVFD612

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.