Can Anyone Figure out the Signal Stat Model Number?

Hi Folks,
I just acquired this Signal Stat teardrop light and the Model Number has been removed from the label. There is no indication of model number on the inside either. The dome is a 367. It is 2 wire so it is older Signal Stat. It rotates so not a flashing unit. What puzzles me is the magnet setup on the bottom. I thought it was after market but it is riveted into the body of the light so I am thinking it's factory? I'd appreciate the assistance!

Attachments

• DSCN0725.JPG
    DSCN0725.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0724.JPG
    DSCN0724.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0723.JPG
    DSCN0723.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0722.JPG
    DSCN0722.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 22

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
That looks like a 382 permanent mount that somebody added a magnet to. I do not believe this magnet is factory. A magnetic mount would have been a 381 and have 3 smaller magnets recessed into the base.
This is a newer version 382 with the white plastic gear instead of a brass gear.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, ( I saw your previous posts so I value your viewpoint!) but the magnet unit is riveted into the body. Is it still an aftermarket item then? I am looking to sell it, would it be better to remove the magnet? If aftermarket do you know what/whom manufactured it?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Still after market, in my opinion. I have known and collected Signal Stat lights for many years, and always received their catalogs. I never saw that magnet. Sorry, I call it as user added to a permanent mount light.
I'd leave the magnet on. You will not improve the value by removing. Not highly collectible in it's current condition, so somebody might buy it to use.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.