Canopy/bed topper side windows mounting tips?

Oct 17, 2019
Alberta, CANADA
Does anyone have experience/tips mounting IONs or IONS-T to the inside of the canopy (side windows)? Looking to get 4 installed, 2 on each side at the top corner. Included a pic for reference on a Delta CVSE F-150 (**not my pic).

Any tips welcome!

IMG_8707.jpeg

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
For my F150 topper I had originally fabricated brackets for 500 series duo heads using 2" Al L channel and used VHB tape to secure it to the glass. I got tired of warning planes when my windows were open so I drilled holes and piggybacked into the screws for the window frames. This is the early prototype:
F150 Early Light Bracket.jpg

I added alley lights, and the newer version uses a cut-down TA housing. Still working on the mounts for that. Here is is in dual mode (it's a .gif, not sure if it will run):

F150 Lights Running.gif

Reactions: Alberta Wildfire
Oct 17, 2019
Alberta, CANADA
For my F150 topper I had originally fabricated brackets for 500 series duo heads using 2" Al L channel and used VHB tape to secure it to the glass. I got tired of warning planes when my windows were open so I drilled holes and piggybacked into the screws for the window frames. This is the early prototype:
View attachment 248742

I added alley lights, and the newer version uses a cut-down TA housing. Still working on the mounts for that. Here is is in dual mode (it's a .gif, not sure if it will run):

View attachment 248744

That looks good! Going to send you a PM!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.