CareFlite Air taking off-Grand Prairie Tx.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
My phone does not like flashing lights, nor have I taken many videos, but the sound is pretty good.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Obviously I do not upload to YouTube often either....try it again. :yes:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Parent of the year decided to take a child out in the dark, across a big 45mph road. Kid was on one of those razor style foot scooters, no helmet, parent ran across the street with kid following, at a cross walk but with a yellow light. Halfway across, with a big median, light goes red, car in the far right lane was not able to see them running across and in front, and struck both.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
HILO said:
Parent of the year decided to take a child out in the dark, across a big 45mph road. Kid was on one of those razor style foot scooters, no helmet, parent ran across the street with kid following, at a cross walk but with a yellow light. Halfway across, with a big median, light goes red, car in the far right lane was not able to see them running across and in front, and struck both.

Oh crap...

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
HILO said:

Damn that sucks!

And video looks good for a night shot too. No cell phones do very well at night b/c of the lens / sensor they use.

I like the patterns set on that b&w suv.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
HILO said:

You and I both know people tend to go allot faster then 45mph on that road, see it all the time.

From how you described it was there any fault of the driver for speed that you know of? Yes the parent is a fool to cross without the walk sign and not holding their child hand, but was there any blame on the driver being it was in a cross walk?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Here is the Grand Prairie Police press release regarding the accident:

"Grand Prairie Police are investigating an auto-pedestrian collision that occurred Tuesday evening at about 8:08 PM at the intersection of Pioneer Pkwy and Acosta Street. A 14 year old male was riding a scooter across the intersection and against the pedestrian “Do Not Walk” signal when he failed to yield to a westbound 2010 Honda Civic, driven by Thanh Nguyen, 49, of Grand Prairie.

The boy was flown by CareFlite to Parkland Hospital in Dallas where he was reported to be in serious condition. The boy is a student at nearby Kennedy Middle School."

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Actually I find myself hard pressed to get up to 45 between Carrier and Beltline. There is so much traffic, stop lights, and cars turning that the average is 35/40mph. I try to avoid that stretch when I am on my bike.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.