Cobra 200 questions

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey all,

First: Are Feniex Cobra 200's waterproof or weatherproof? Wanting to use 2 of them on the outside of my vehicle but I wanted to be sure. They are not labeled and I am not sure if they are interior only or not.

Second: I bought two 200's, and the optic lenses seem a little different. One is very clear, and the other is more opaque. Anyone shed some light on this?

IMG_0011.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I lied: they are labeled, but only basic info. One is 2014 (the opaque one), the clear lensed one with wider lense indents has no year, just EN: T-019.

Thx

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Unless otherwise labeled they are both rated for exterior use.  

The difference in optics is the difference in versions of t6's used in them.  The one in the bottom of the picture are the newest ones.  

Light spread and firmware are different. 

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey thanks for the info. Is it possible to get some T6's and swap them in, so I have matching light output?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yes it is possible. All the 200 consist of is two t6's. 

Simply set the patterns and synch on the t6's then put them in the housing and connect the green wire to the blue wire on the t6's.  Connect the Red to red and black to black. Then you are good to go.  You will need crimp caps not butt connectors. Butt connectors are hard to fit in the housing. 

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Okay, so I can't just swap two in and use the red/green/black to swap patterns? One of my two is a cut cord, so I wired it in and just used the  momentary wire to change patterns. Or, does one need to be set as master v slave? Sorry, wiring is not my forte.

Also, does anyone sell just a 200 shell as parts? If not, is a T6 3 wires (power, ground, sync/momentary)?

CEVS

Jun 1, 2010
NJ
Okay, so I can't just swap two in and use the red/green/black to swap patterns? One of my two is a cut cord, so I wired it in and just used the  momentary wire to change patterns. Or, does one need to be set as master v slave? Sorry, wiring is not my forte.

Also, does anyone sell just a 200 shell as parts? If not, is a T6 3 wires (power, ground, sync/momentary)?

Make sure they are set to the same pattern, one master and one slave.  Then wire it as Nic said above.   You can use the green wire to change the patterns of both T6s at the same time.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
What determines master/slave status? Or do I just make sure it's the same pattern and I'm good? I plan to insert them exactly as the two I remove 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Hold pattern wire to ground for 3 seconds. If all six leds light up it is on master. If only 3 light up it is on slave.  You don't HAVE to set one to master and one to slave. We commonly set them both to the same phase so that we can have the entire 200 flash together and set that opposite of the other 200.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Oh I see, ok. So the heads can be 3:3 each, or I can do 6:6 per 200, or technically 12:12 (dual 200's). Got it. Well I'll fiddle around till I get something working. Now, who wants to cut me a deal on 2 new-style t6 heads (or a 200)?  :D

looks like I will end up with a pair of 200's in the front, and a pair of t6 rear, which I will eventually set up as dual t6 per bracket

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonClampitt

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.