Cobra 200 wiring question

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I just picked up a 2015 cobra 200. I figured out I will need to open the units to master/slave each pair of T6, but what I noticed is that as-is, they do not seem to have the same patterns. The 2015 matches up to what I can find about the 20 built in patterns but my existing older one (no date listed) doesn't. Input very welcome!

For the record I plan to keep these as one all red, one all white and use them each as a single light until I get a 400, at which point I will make each red/white and would like to have the pattern match (unless I can't due to model year differences)

IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0196.JPG

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Ah I guess it's the firmware? I disconnected the blue leads to each T6 and tried the whole master/slave thing...no luck. I got both modules in each 200 set for steady burn, then tried to connect them up but they each want to do their own thing and I had zero luck. It seems the flash patterns are not the same between the two pairs :( any advice is welcome.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
It sounds like they are 2 different firmwares. It sounds like you may have an older T6 that is a couple firmwares behind. If that's the case, they'll never match up.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
****. **** **** ****. Alrighty well that figures. Anyone have a list of patterns for the older units? Just trying to find ONE pattern that's the same so I can at least not look like a rolling disco...

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I'll scroll through them again tonight and see what I can get to be the same. There's one pattern I like, not sure what it's called, but at 13, 19 and 41 roughly on this video I like the pattern.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Yeah I considered that too. I'm going to mix modules and see what happens - worst case I'll have two funky matching red/white! :-D either way I shall now hunt a cobra 400. I'll leave the post up for a bit, see if anyone can ID the older model year...maybe I can solve the firmware issue

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
You need to see what the stickers on the modules themselves say. Not the stick housing.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
So the newer 2015 is 5.7, but the older one has no markings on the individual T6 modules. Back has an imprint of 0-04609.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Okay so this ain't gonna happen - the patterns that ARE the same (one or two) don't have the same speed.

But I can fix this! My newer one on the front is red/white and it's a 2014. The new white/white I just bought is a 2015 - could someone chime in regarding the T6's and let me know if the firmware in 2014/2015 is the same or not? If it's the same I can trade a model and bam - all set! (Or at least, if the patterns are the same)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Most of them were the same but there was a period of a couple months that werent. Best thing to do is call feniex support with the codes.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Alrighty, thanks for the advice! I think I'll still throw up a WTT to swap a white module for a red one. At least then I'll have two red/white units with the same patterns.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.