Code 3 Pursuit

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Finally! Appears to me Code 3 is getting back into the game with the introduction of the Pursuit lightbar. Haven't seen any preliminary info yet, but there's a pic on Facebook. I still can't wrap my mind around the Solex and the Triumph, but the Pursuit ... that's a winner!

Code 3 Pursuit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's on p. 18 of their new product catalog

http://www.code3pse.com/public/media/23177.pdf

I haven't seen them release any LED lightbar, other than the defender, that I would even remotely consider using.  The Pursuit is ugly & lacks any breakthrough technology.

As for whoever does their photoshopping in the catalog, they need to get someone better b/c the C3 products photoshopped onto stock vehicle pics looks extremely tacky, and a company that big should be able to take photos of fully-lit up demo vehicles, instead of resorting to that 

Reactions: Storm4200

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Um... Not really sure I like the looks of it now.. To me it looks a little chines companish here. They really insist on having dual layers dont they? 

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 8.06.07 PM.png

On a side note... this must be the worlds largest light stick lol 

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 8.05.10 PM.png

Reactions: Skippy

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
It's on p. 18 of their new product catalog

http://www.code3pse.com/public/media/23177.pdf

I haven't seen them release any LED lightbar, other than the defender, that I would even remotely consider using.  The Pursuit is ugly & lacks any breakthrough technology.

As for whoever does their photoshopping in the catalog, they need to get someone better b/c the C3 products photoshopped onto stock vehicle pics looks extremely tacky, and a company that big should be able to take photos of fully-lit up demo vehicles, instead of resorting to that 

Wow you are right. I've never used photoshop and feel I could do a better job. Looks like a mockup someone would post here for ideas on a POV install.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Wow you are right. I've never used photoshop and feel I could do a better job. Looks like a mockup someone would post here for ideas on a POV install.

If I may editorialize a bit (my personal opinions):

Photoshop issues are not a new problem for Code 3 when it comes to product photos on their website or paper catalogs.  IMHO it would be worth the money to take a picture of your product on a real vehicle.  Even the imports are doing that.  I really wish Code 3 (and a few others) would participate here, I think they would get great feedback if their skin were thick enough.  

Reactions: LED

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I have mixed feelings..... I don't dislike it, but I'm not impressed.

Reactions: fireman658

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I think at least it looks better than the 360... but the shape of the end pieces makes me wary of a potential familial lineage with Ecco products since they bought them out which I wouldn't like one bit if it's true. I'll pass judgment when (if) I see one in person.

...man if I was rich I'd buy the companies myself and lay down the law.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
He said he didn't know if it was true.

The uncertainty is if it's a Code 3 product on the same platform as Ecco products. Business is business, sure, but I'm just butthurt that they're corrupting my precious Code 3 with a lowly utility truck minibar brand.

Basically Code 3 lost their mojo after the 90's and this makes me sad.

Realistically, it's probably this or Code 3 goes bankrupt. Looking at what happened when Volvo got bought out by a Chinese car company, their product lineup actually got a needed boost so hopefully the same will happen here. Ecco has a limited line of rotating LED beacons, and the halogen rotator was Code 3's main strength in the 90's so hopefully they'll refine it into something with a Code 3 label that's usable on an emergency vehicle.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Platform sharing is not new to this industry. C3 did it previously with the Javelin, which is the Lomax in the European market. SoundOff employed the lightbar chassis from Haztec for the Skyfire and the Magnum. I was waiting for C3 to employ the Hazard 10 Series lightbar, and see what improvements they'd implement. The prelim specs suggest that these are different bars, but I do not know with 100% confidence.

Nonetheless, I'm still excited for the Pursuit, and can't wait until it hits the market. I think it'll do well, and perhaps we'll see widespread use on LA County Fire apparatus.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
I have to laugh at a lot of the posts I see here.  However this is a dual level lightbar.  There is nothing taken from any other lightbars that Code 3 has and none from ECCO either.  The new Quadcore LED technology from the ground up are brighter both directional and off axis.  The bottom front provides you with all takedown lights so bright from a single layer of LED's plus we have also incorporated spot takedowns and flood takedowns together lower section.  The outboard sections are 3" high and the center is 2.7" just like the 2700.  The rear bottom section as a very clear amber narrowstik or you can chose flashers.  The upper section is all the warning LED's so no need for multicolor.  You can also add just underneath the top section 5 watt solar panels this way they are not attached to the outside of the top lenses.  What you can't see is the new wiring inside this lightbar how extremely clean and no more UV to degrade the wiring insulation either.  But let it speak for itself when we turned it on at the PFE show and shown the options we had a lot of very positive feed back and it doesn't look the radical as you see it in photos or in the catalog. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
it doesn't look the radical as you see it in photos or in the catalog. 

Which brings it back around to the marketing. Ps. It would probably beneficial to get in contact with John Marcson If you are with code 3. More and more manufacturers are getting involved in this site and having proper information from the manufacturer directly would probably help a lot of opinions even if you all do think the users here are laughable.

Reactions: CD3 and StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Um... Not really sure I like the looks of it now.. To me it looks a little chines companish here. They really insist on having dual layers dont they? 

View attachment 143624

I'd like to see more photos of the bar. Especially mounted (not pasted) of the actual bars in diff config's. 

Wonder what the wind noise is like at 85?

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
Just to put somethings in perspective. I am a factory rep. for Code 3 last 5 years, I was a customer since 1982 while in law enforcement and then owned my own installation & distributorship for 12 years.  I have to admit a few things here, I too when I saw it in our catalog many of the reps said things under our breath.  We were all told to attend a special meeting back east which we did.  When they unveiled the Pursuit bar it was sure not what we expected that catalog and yes "Photoshopped"   or what we say photo chopped.  Yes Code 3 over the years have come out with some well lets say less desirable looking lightbars, but the options for back in those days we were much ahead of all the others.  I get a little critical when I see some of these posts where are they getting the information from, the crappy looking pictures (Which I agree) but even the shape is not that radical the height isn't either.  Our new Quad Core LEDs coming are so darn bright sooner or latter someone needs to say enough.  This lightbar is on the cusp of that.  All of us were so damn impressed when they activated the single row takedowns and the new alley light function how bright those were.  All I say is reserve the negative comments until you see it.  I already have pending order for 75.

I wish I had the time to represent Code 3 for the Manufactures forum but I cannot due to time I spend on the road and travel.  I will say this in all honesty, since ECCO purchased Code 3 there is much more R&D happening now it is a good thing too.  But if there is anything I can assist any of you with here is my email address: guy@evereps.com.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Code 3 woke up the industry back in the 90s with the dual level MX7000 and we've all seen other attempts (some good, some not) to copy it since.  Heck it may be one of easier platforms to work on/customize/upfit.  And I haven't really heard/read too much about a bad Code 3 siren.  That said it feels like they've fallen behind a bit when it comes to LED tech as of late.  Maybe in '16 they'll change that.

Personally after seeing the Pursuit pics here, its not blowing my hair back. They are staying true to they dual level thing I'll give'em that, and they are adding a full white feature which is par for the course these days, but with other companies offering the new hotness (dual/triple colors and different optic styles, just to name a couple) they still have a ways to go IMO.  Who knows, when I get to see a Pursuit bar running full tilt boogie they may totally surprise me like they did back in the 90s......but for now I'm not too sure about it.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
Code 3 now for all lightbars conducts wind tunnel tests from what we were told up to 150 mph.  As of late this bar was pushed back to do other tests for us California guys to meet Title 13.  What they are doing is needing to develop and test new lights fot the steady red requirements and amber arrow stick also to meet T13 F&*kin T13 is a real pain.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Code 3 now for all lightbars conducts wind tunnel tests from what we were told up to 150 mph.  As of late this bar was pushed back to do other tests for us California guys to meet Title 13.  What they are doing is needing to develop and test new lights fot the steady red requirements and amber arrow stick also to meet T13 F&*kin T13 is a real pain.

When is the Pursuit scheduled to be released? This is one new product I'm looking forward to the most. Were there issues with certification testing involving the new lightheads in that bar?

Did something change with T13? I noticed that Whelen is now offering two different amber lightheads, one T13-compliant and the other not. I'm in Pennsylvania, so I have no horse in this race, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
http://c3pursuit.com/

Code 3 has finally released the Pursuit lightbar. It looks much better in these pics and vids. It is definitely a unique dual-level bar available with dedicated takedown lighting and NarrowStik options.

I believe the Solex and the Triumph were huge steps backwards, but the Pursuit is a huge step forward. Well done, C3!

PS: C3 also released their version of the Whelen ION V-Series lighthead. It's called the M180 (http://www.code3pse.com/products/product_info/Police/newestproducts/C_M180). It's based on the MR6 lighthead.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I was in Springfield, Mo last year when I came upon a crash. Springfield PD runs Code 3 bars with quadcore, which I later found out after asking an LEO friend, "what lightbar are they running? That's by far the brightest & best lightbar I've ever seen!" I wasn't a Code 3 LED fan until that moment, but hands down it is the brightest, best off-axis lightbar I'd ever seen! Just my .02, & no, I do not work for Code 3, have no friends/family there, am not a dealer or vendor, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.