Code3 PSE 690 Strobe Kit

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Ok, so I've never done an equipment review but I thought this was worthy of letting others know about. I have installed hundreds of strobe kits by Whelen, SOS, and SVP. I had the opportunity to install two Code3 kits this week and I was very impressed.

The kit consisted of a 690 Power Supply, four 30' Cables and four Push-In tubes.

The reason I was so impressed with the kit was the installation ease. The cables were 30' each. I always ordered my kits with two 20' and two 25' cables which added to the cost. The power supply was great because, as trivial as this sounds, there was no need to use wires to program the flash pattern; There is a small button easily accessible on the power supply to program the pattern. The strobe tubes themselves appeared to be a slightly softer material than other brands which meant easier insertion and a better seal.

Also on the power supply they added a gasket where the plugs are which keeps dust and pther crap from getting inside.

As I said, there is nothing spectacular about the kit but I feel that the small differences put this kit ahead of others that I have used.

IMG-20111108-00041.jpg

IMG-20111108-00047.jpg

IMG-20111108-00045.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Please read the rules section and/or all stickies in this section and update this thread accordingly. Please pay special attention to format requirements. Thanks for taking the time to help make this section easier to use and more useful.

Format Guidelines

Users must disclose the circumstances under which they have come to review the item/product. This includes, but is not limited to, disclosure of compensation.

Must contain-Name, brand and model number of item

Must contain-A detailed description of the product including how it is used.

Must contain-A "rating" of the product

Should contain-Links to the manufacturer web site

Must contain-Pictures and/or videos

Must be formatted according to information provided in/on reviews section

Posts in this section require mod approval to show up.

Please allow time for your post to be reviewed by staff.

Replies to reviews may only be questions or answers about the product reviewed.

Do not
reply to someone else's review with your own review or opinion of the product

Example

Title/Name of item
- Fake Light

Manufacturer - Marcson Tech

Model Number - 911-72

Link to manufacturer - http://www.elightbars.org/forums/example

How/why you got it - Made it up

Purpose/Description - This is a self contained 360 degree strobe. It is taller than.... blah blah blah, lots of details.

How you tested it/results - I mounted it on my invisible car in -40 and drove at 90mph for 16 hrs. It failed after the first 2 hrs.

Rating (1-10, 10 is best)

• Durability 2
  • Performance/Usefulness 1
  • Innovation 1
  • Appearance 4
  • Price 7
  • Other (shipping) 3

Total 3

Picture(s)/video(s)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.