Wanted Cop-lite, Unitrol siren, Unitrol Wig Wag, Motorola Spectra VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
I'm restoring a Santa Clara CA District Attorney Mustang and I need several pieces of equipment. They used red round 5" Cop-lite with the Hot Shoe mount for forward warning. A Unitrol under cover style siren and Unitrol 131 head light flasher were also installed. For coms they used Motorola Spectra A4 on VHF band. I've been a member here for sometime, I have good rep, and I prefer to use paypal but whatever works for the seller. Thanks for your help. 

EDIT-

I have located a head light flasher and siren. Still searching for a possible used Cop-lite, and Spectra A4 radio before I turn to ebay. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Cop lite is still in business. I spoke with Harry yesterday to order the same light you want.

http://coplite.com/EES-CopLite%20home%20page.htm
Did he mention I had a friend ask about one on Friday, lol? I was hoping to find one a little cheaper, not that his prices are high but every dollar saved is a plus. If I can't find a used item in decent shape I will order a new one.

I have a unitrol 380 siren control head, it used a 80K remote amp, (not included)
They used an undercover siren which had no control other than a single toggle switch. Thank you, but this isn't what I'm looking for. 

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Did he mention I had a friend ask about one on Friday, lol? I was hoping to find one a little cheaper, not that his prices are high but every dollar saved is a plus. If I can't find a used item in decent shape I will order a new one.

They used an undercover siren which had no control other than a single toggle switch. Thank you, but this isn't what I'm looking for. 

No he didn't, but the call got cut short and he is calling me back on Monday. LOL

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I'm restoring a Santa Clara CA District Attorney Mustang and I need several pieces of equipment. They used red round 5" Cop-lite with the Hot Shoe mount for forward warning. A Unitrol under cover style siren and Unitrol 131 head light flasher were also installed. For coms they used Motorola Spectra A4 on VHF band. I've been a member here for sometime, I have good rep, and I prefer to use paypal but whatever works for the seller. Thanks for your help. 

Just curious, why did the district attorney's office need Mustangs with all that stuff?

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Looking at wiki, the DA in California is the Chief Law Enforcement agency for the county and they are involved with investigations of all types. The SCDA website has a listing of the divisions. I guess since CHP, FBI, USPS and may more were using Mustangs during the time period they felt the need to use them. As far as the covert lighting and radio, I guess they needed them to blend in for surveillance. 

Reactions: crescentstar69

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
I have located a siren and headlight flasher. Still searching for the light and radio. 

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Radio found and purchased. One last bump before buying a new light (I'm trying to make it to a FOP show by June 20.) 

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Very nice guy, but by the time I leave work USPS is closed. Saturdays are super busy as well. Taking only MO's these days along with a somewhat "outdated" product probably doesn't make much sense to invest time and effort into updating the website. 

BTW, I'm still looking for a light and someone who accepts paypal for payment.

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Still looking for this Cop-lite. Don't have time to stop and get a money order, then mail it, then wait 3-4 weeks for arrival.

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up!! I'll be picking that up.

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Your very welcome, all I ask is for pics of your restoration.  

I'll have some updated pics shortly but this is when I brought the car home:

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y185_Drewstang_91_20SSP_20Santa_20C09d9f12b328bbeb679aa2e4e68fd926b.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y185_Drewstang_91_20SSP_20Santa_20C5b3769959ce51462c23c6bf836821278.jpg

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y185_Drewstang_91_20SSP_20Santa_20Caf8b5472d775d59436049735519a4f5f.jpg

So far I have the wig wags, siren, and VHF Spectra installed but no updated pics. This is the location they installed the lights in another car from the same year:

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y185_Drewstang_91_20SSP_20Santa_20C46ca989b13ecc8c8811dc447175a4e4c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.