Custom fabricated hatch storage?

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
Anyone have any recommendations of companies, preferably in Pennsylvania that would be able to make a custom stainless steel shelving unit of some sort if I provide them like a 3D design mock-up of it?

Working with a forester that could really use some proper hatch organization but there isn't exactly an aftermarket for subaru foresters as far as pre-made storage shelving goes.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
You will likely need to look at the off road sites/pages for that. Finding an upfitter will be even more problematic. Best bet is diy.

A lot will depend on what you're looking to stow/haul. Rescue gear? Groceries? Animals? Camping? On our forester ('17) we use a portable sportsman trunk for all the roadside gear. If you're not already on it Subaruforester.org page has some good suggestions.

Found this on reddit
20230712_190218.jpg

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
DIY steel working isn't exactly an easy thing lol. It needs to be stainless steel for the better protection of rust/corrosion of moisture. The vehicle is set up as a traffic unit for fire, so cones/signs/etc get thrown in wet sometimes.

I have a general visual of what I want and have the ability/software to design it myself, just not the materials or tools to cut and weld/connect the steel together. And unfortunately living somewhat rurally I don't have any local places offhand I'm aware of or even somewhat nearby that can do what I'm trying to do.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.