Decatur Genesis 1 radar system - questions

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
For my restoration, the Police unit used a Decatur Genesis 1 radar system. It was a front/rear antenna setup, computer readout base, along with the hand held 3-button style cabled remote.

I’ve been able to find the original Decatur Genesis 1 user/owner manual online in PDF format. What I need and cannot locate (yet) is a Decatur Genesis 1 repair manual.

Does anyone either have the repair manual in PDF or can assist with:
- I need the antenna cable pin out schematics that shows the color of wires and direction of them going into the circular 5-pin male plug found at the end of the antenna.

I’m assuming it matters which color of wire goes to each pin in that plug in order for the antenna to function properly once the plug is inserted into the female outlet on the back of the base unit.

The 5-pin circular Decatur Genesis 1 cables are sometimes referred to as “Jupiter” cables based on I’m assuming was the manufacturer of either the cable OR the actual plug (where some do say “Jupiter” on the plug end). I’ve also seen where just the plug itself is referred to as “5-pin Push Pull M9 Aviation connector FGG, EGG, or 305”.

Any help is appreciated…

TXDPSCJ

Aug 6, 2023
NJ
I no longer need the repair manual or pin outs as I have received guidance offsite to make the necessary fix/splicing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.