Does anyone recall what lightbar the Sacramento Co. Sherriff's used in the 70s?

Aug 13, 2021
CT
I saw this film while I was procrastinating online and I saw this unique lightbar setup on the Sacramento County vehicle I never saw before. I'm curious as to what it is? The quality of the tape is bad but it looks like it could be a Visibar with an electro mechanical siren alleys and a can like light in between the two beacons and the siren speaker. Perhaps someone here may recall what equipment was used during the period.

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I saw this film while I was procrastinating online and I saw this unique lightbar setup on the Sacramento County vehicle I never saw before. I'm curious as to what it is? The quality of the tape is bad but it looks like it could be a Visibar with an electro mechanical siren alleys and a can like light in between the two beacons and the siren speaker. Perhaps someone here may recall what equipment was used during the period.

I can see and hear a Unitrol 800 in the video.

Cool video! I agree, the 2nd cars beacons look like Unity RV either 25 or 26.
They MAY be Unity RV-25. The RV-26, 45 & 46 used a larger base/dome. 26/46 used PAR 46 bulbs (5.75” diameter). The 25 & 45 used PAR 36 bulbs (4.5”).

That said, Unity did not have the strait chrome can lights and those are not UniRack bars…the gutter clips rested flush to the roof.

D8F93148-C752-451C-B06F-2D3C4751CD78.png BDEDEDF8-02AF-4008-BEBE-CB7D19837FEF.png A576BAE3-6EAB-4977-897C-B128422598B5.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.